login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★'House cleaning'

They say that in the act of cleaning(bedroom, kitchen etc) one can also discard old thoughts and feelings.

Could you folks please share any experiences where you were able to get rid of old mindsets by doing this.

I let my bedroom accumulate a lot of junk over the past few months, am gonna start cleaning.

I am hoping to remove the mindset which let things go bad and bring in a new one which will keep things neat and shining :)

I have been walking around piles and learning to balance & juggle things pretty well (rather than putting them where they should be) since I moved. Today I am feeling good because yesterday I devoted to cleaning up and organizing my bedroom. Finally shoes are up off the floor, I have bags to give to charity, my laundry is caught up, my books are easy to see and reach,life is good and I don’t waste mental energy thinking of “I need to dos”. I now have the task of maintaining it, but I think I can now. I also think I am making progress on the rest of the apt. and my reward will be decorating.
I know I get messy when I get depressed but my goal is to have my apt. in such shape that I can invite a friend over at the spur of the moment without a self-concious worry. I would feel grown up and sophisticated.) No Martha Stewart Jan

Meditating Mama’s specialty

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

i went to one of my bookshelves this morning to choose a random book and picked one called “ Spiritual Housecleaning – healing the space within by beautifying the space around you – by Kathryn l Robyn .Have read chapter one and two and love some of the comments
a) healing is clearing the sacred space inside you where you live
b) this is sacred work ,creating hallowed ground – a space that is returned to its cleared wholeness
c) re the kitchen – it can be a place where self care is available in abundance and in harmony with care of others .
d) the act of cleaning becomes a working prayer to transform unmet needs into the healing power to fulfill them
its beautifull the way it makes you look at clearing out and cleaning and i have started today to clear out kitchen cupboards so i can put nurturing foods in them .Also noticed r s p c a shop are asking for things and will collect so that solves how to get bags , that will be full when i clear whole house , to the shop .

My advice is that LESS is really more! Be brutal and pare down to what you really, really love. The absence of stuff in your space is so freeing.

When I want to do some energy clearing, I like to burn candles and play relaxing music and add fresh cut flowers in a pretty vase. For me, it just dissipates the negative vibes. For my children, I gave them some bells. I tell them to ring them when they want the angels to come around. When they are really cranky, we ring the bells and invite the angels – and they calm down.

Oh, and you hit it right on the head!! The bedroom – of all the rooms – should be your most sacred, peaceful place. For most of us living hectic lives, this is the spot where we relax and unwind before drifting off to sleep. I would spend heavy attention to this room… a pretty wall color, nice bedding, quiet lighting, in general a loving ambiance.

PS: Thanks for thinking of me, Laurie! :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
your home must feel so relaxing ,positive and happy .I love your idea with the children calling the angels – what a lovely mum you are .Thanks for being so inspiring ,love flowergirl

I saw this quote on the flylady website and thought i would share it here .The lady who said it died of cancer but her sister keeps the beautiful memory alive by passing things around

“ just because it’s still good doesn’t mean i’m the one who should keep it “
i have those words in my mind as im looking through my bookshelves and start filling boxes for the r s p c a charity shop ,love flowergirl

I re-read this post and did some exciting cleansing work this weekend. I stripped my bedroom closet bare and only put back inside what I absolutely LOVE. The rest I drove over to the local battered women’s shelter for their use. Wow! What a difference it made in the serenity level. I brought in a big lilac flower bouquet that I picked from the bushes in my front yard and the aroma is just heavenly. Sleep will be peaceful tonight!!

Big hugs to Cleric for bringing this back to my mind again!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Just got rid of an old shaving mirror. I had dropped it and so it cracked. But I continued to used it thinking i will get a new one this weekend. I kept saying this for the past 6 years, for some reason it feels good to get rid of some old stuff like that broken mirror. In many cultures broken mirror brings bad luck. Am not sure about the bad luck part but it does feel good to clean up and bring in some fresh stuff.

It is very liberating to get rid of all the stuff that is no longer useful. Plus, you show yourself how much you are valued when you give yourself permission to have quality things.

I am not professing consumerism (quite the opposite)… I’m just saying – make what you have count.

Today my housecleaning is all about organizing an area so I can accomplish most of my planning in an area that is conducive to my areas of focus.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

finally managed to go through a pile of files that belonged to my ex .He died 4 years ago and as executor i had to empty his flat ,we did all the urgent things but i kept putting this off .Went through it all ,recycling bag full ,bunnies have lots of shredded paper and i have 1 small file of stuff we need to keep ,it feels so good to have finally done it ,i did not find it as upsetting as i thought i would .

In response to flowergirl’s post:
Yay Flowergirl!!! Happy for you(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Laurie~LovesFocusingWell’s post:
thanks Laurie ,i think the time was right to doit ,i’m listening to my intuition and pottering around the house but acheiving things .in the past i would make big plans and do nothing because it was a huge task ,now im trying to look on it as playing house .

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content