login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Your Favorite Organic Foods✰。˚

organic-food.jpg

I believe strongly in eating organic whenever possible;especially with certain foods like apples. What are your favorite organic foods? Are they part of your regular diet?

Dirty Dozen
 Dirty Dozen and 15 Clean Foods

Organic Definition

Serious Science Serious Benefits
EWG
    • ALL 48 FRUITS AND VEGETABLES WITH PESTICIDE RESIDUE DATA
      EWG analyzed pesticide residue testing data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and Food and Drug Administration to come up with rankings for these popular fresh produce items. All 48 foods are listed below from worst to best (lower numbers = more pesticides)

The Science Behind Organic
The Organic Center is your trusted, go-to source of information for scientific research about organic food and farming. We cover up-to-date studies on sustainable agriculture and health, and collaborate with academic and governmental institutions to fill gaps in our knowledge. Explore our site to find out more information about science that will keep the public and Earth healthy for generations to come!

I love organic strawberries

Human Health Part 1
Human Health Part 2

Image result for organic cherries pic

I love organic cherries

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

We are really lucky to have a food co-op near us that sells mostly organic food in bulk. It even has locally grown fruit, veg and herbs.

However, I do tend to buy my fresh food from the fruit/veg market because it’s very reasonable and very fresh. For salads I grow my own greens, so that’s very fresh and organic.

Focus

In response to freygan’s post:
Hmmm co-ops I’ve been thinking of trying to find one in my area. Great reminder!

Does anyone use organic beans from a can? If so, what do you think of the bisphenol-A issue?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Lee and I try to eat all our fruit and vegetables organic. The taste difference is just crazy! When I went to my parent’s house recently and made the same lentil burgers I make at home, but with her store bought ingredients and they were just bland. We’d never go back.

In response to laurie’s post:
All our beans in cans come organic – kidney beans, cannollini (sp?) – the white ones lol. They are larger, plumper, more flavourful and delicious. Can you say more about the Bisphenol-A??. All the contents list on my cans just use salt and water.

In response to melt86’s post:

I agree with the unbelievable difference between organic and conventional.

I promise to send you something better on bisphenol-A; though, for now here is part of a blog from Debra Dadd (“the Queen of Green”).
http://dld123.com/q&a/index.php?cid=2234

Bottom line bisphenol-A is a toxic property that is in many plastics and cans. The canned organic bean company that I believe is free of it is a company called Eden. I’ll look into that further too.

They say cans (when it has this ingredient) is worse than plastic, and the plastic isn’t good either. somewhere I’ve saved a list with “good” and “bad” products. I’ll post it when I locate it.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Here is some info re:the company that has no bisphenol-A in their organic beans. I’m still looking for the info I wanted to share (a list and info on bisphenol-A)

http://www.edenfoods.com/faqs/view.php?categories_id=5

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I don’t use canned stuff much, they’re my emergency supplies.

I soak and cook my beans. I love chickpeas.

I also do a fair bit of sprouting. Love lentil and mung bean sprouts. I got myself a sprout lid that fits ontop of glass jars. They don’t take long, only a few days. However, in winter when it’s snowing, I have to put the sprouts in the living room. Otherwise it’s too cold to sprout.

Focus

That’s my goal, is to get away from the canned, even if they are organic. It’s less expensive that way too!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Can you post an image of these sprout jars? I’d love to grow things indoors but haven’t found much that is workable – or size or actually growing in low light.

It’s a biosnacky jar, I got mine in melb for $14. However I also have a couple of jars I converted cutting out the top, then putting a wire mesh where the top used to be…

I sprout indoors. I only made that mention about the snow because I don’t heat my kitchen and it gets mighty cold in there in winter.

Focus

thanks freygan!! i’ll see if I can find them in my area :)

This is an awesome thread! I have a son who is now seven years old. He was born with nasty allergies to many common foods such as dairy, soy, peanuts, tomatoes and such. He was born with severe eczema which is a sign of allergies in infants. When he got old enough to eat, his allergic reactions became much more severe. I was a working mother who used it as an excuse to cook boxed meals or eat out. Suddenly, if I wanted my son to thrive, I had to cook everything from scratch, so I could control his diet. We switched to organically grown foods because I was worried what else would he react to that wasn’t on “his list”.

Guess what the side benefits were? My other son who is two years older used to be quite the hyper child. When we took him off of high fructose corn syrup (sorry guys, this is in almost EVERYTHING packaged from bread to the obvious) and colorful dyes (like those in fruity cereals, etc) – my son’s behavior improved tremendously!! We aren’t taught that the chemicals that are in everyday food have such serious behavioral ramifications!!

My allergy prone son hasn’t needed his breathing treatments (asthma is another symptom of severe allergies) in nearly two years. We haven’t had one trip to the emergency room in as many years either.

My daughter who was born last has reaped the benefits of our organic lifestyle and I cannot remember the last time she was ill. I wholeheartedly believe in the organic lifestyle – not only for the environmental reasons, but health and energy.

Does anyone share my belief that organic foods come with higher universal energy?

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
I absolutely agree. Meditatingmama(: I have mentioned on another threads(one on healing, I believe) that food and exercise changed/saved my life during a strange time with my health. When I speak of food, I am referring to a diet made up of mostly organic foods.

I am so happy your family found foods that agree with them in such a phenomenal healing way.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Well, severe allergies in a little innocent baby is one way to get my attention to encourage me to change my ways!! :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I certainly can understand that! It is a good thing you are who you are to have been able to do whatever was necessary for your loving children. My continued best for you and your family!(: (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I completely agree about the benefits of organic food! It’s the way food should be! I“ve been reading recently about Ayurveda and followers believe food and nutrition to have the same healing potential.
Since buying organic, I also love the range of foods that I am now exposed to. It’s awesome the veges and fruits that I have been encouraged to try because they just look so vibrant on the shelf, and I know they will taste just as good!

Your post reminded me of a comment my niece made. She has just made the switch to organic. She brought home some organic, free range chicken to cook for her family and her husband complained about the smell, because “it smelled like chicken”. Well, duh!! It hasn’t been bathed in a salt water brine and chemicals to remove the smell of what it is… A CHICKEN!

Since switching to organic and bringing home the smell of real meat, they are considering the option of going vegetarian and are trying it out a couple of days a week.

I am craving fruit soooo much right now. For the last week I just can’t seem to get enough! I bought an organic grapefruit on Wednesday. It was so very delicious! mmm

In response to husu's post:

Welcome to Bmindful and to creating your first post on a thread, husu!

Do you love organic foods too?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

2019 list

What Produce To Buy Organic: EWG's 2019 Clean Fifteen™ and Dirty Dozen™ Lists

Strawberries, spinach and kale top "dirty dozen" list: How to minimize pesticide intake

Nearly 70 percent of conventionally grown produce sold in the U.S. was found to have pesticide residue, according to a new report from the Environmental Working Group. Samantha Heller, registered dietitian at NYU Langone Health, joins "CBS This Morning" to discuss how strawberries, spinach, and kale top their so-called "dirty dozen" list of produce with the most pesticide contamination.

EWG

link

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Selfcare-LivingLifeOfEase's post:

Personally, I choose organic version of a food especially when it is on this years dirty dozen list.

I work hard for my money, and I love me and my lil' family unit very much... so if I have a choice I love choosing what 'is said' to be better for me whenever I can. It is like an affirmation for my body... after learning something is good for me... and then deciding to use this choice in our meals. 

I do use good cleaning sprays for fruits and vegetables...on fruits and veggies

And I do  love organic foods whenever possible

I know some who dwell on organic foods being 'controversial' or 'too costly'

I keep it simple... and learn where I'd like to shop for best prices, and stay up on reading 'the latest' when I can.

I am fortunate where I live that I'm surrounded by great places to shop for the foods we love.

In our home-we love to do this sooo much... my hubby and I enjoy shopping like a 'date night'

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content