login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Healing

- – -
This thread is from 2008-2009-love to see it revisited in 2015/Here is how the into read:
- – -

We have a wonderful community with people from all over the world..I thought to myself how neat it would be to pick your brains and see how many views and ideas re:healing we can come up with. Healing—all kinds (mental, physical. and spiritual). Between all of us we can come up with a very interesting bunch(: That’s because we are an interesting bunch!

I will be back to chat on the subject(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I don’t do it much, but I think keeping a journal is a very powerful tool for healing that is proven to be very effective. People have been using them as far back as DaVinci at least. Think of how important his journals are still. I think I’ll make an affirmation to help me be more diligant about journaling. It’s great to get the stuff in your head out on paper. There are all kinds of exercises that you could do in your journal.

Of course, using affirmations is powerful for healing.

One thing I plan on doing is to get a few cheap dry erase boards. You can get them for a dollar or two at the Dollar Tree or Dollar General, places like that. I want to put them up around the house in a couple of places to write stuff on.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Everything is inter-related. Each element of mental, physical, and spiritual healing depends on the other. For as obvious as it may be, it is sometimes hard to see. For example: I am working on healing the mental and physical injuries I have incurred over the years. While spirituality is important to me, I haven’t included it until lately. But as I strengthen my body and focus my mind, the spiritual questions that nag me are slowly answered.

The simple rules of moderation and taking care of yourself will always apply. A little exercise heals the body, clears the mind, and allows us to see things we may have missed.

I believe everyone knows intuitively right from wrong. By sticking closer to what you know is right, you will mitigate the dissonance you feel. Easy to say, but not always easy to do – that’s the challenge. Little steps over a lifetime.

In response to whit’s post:
In response to themadcookieman’s post:

I agree with both of your posts re:journaling and how it’s “all” interwined. Oh how I agree with that!
And it is definitely little healthy steps over a life time!

I had a health issue awhile back and the biggest thing that assisted me was hope. I did not get the hope from the medical community. I received hope from my spouse, myself and prayer. I received hope from little healthy steps in every area of my life. I thought I already did healthy things, because I did many things healthier than most people I ran into. I had to take it further and research first hand what was good for me and why. It was a quest, a tedious miraculous quest. I didn’t have access to being online; my research was truly the old fashioned ways- 1st hand(: Though, looking back the “harder way” at that time was obviosly the way I personally needed to learn- so I would have habits and an understanding I wouldn’t forget or lose passion for.

When I hear people telling of their hard lives, sometimes I feel excited for them. I know the probability is high it will pass with right action and right thoughts, and whatever feeling of difficulty they currently have will be the icing on their future cake toward passion, discipline, and vigilance for maintaining a good life.

The way I learned to speak to myself wasn’t easy (when I was scared and didn’t know all of the reasons my health wasn’t ok). I used some affirmation techniques that allowed me to break “it all down” in each challenge to make each issue less problematic. Of course this is hindsight-talk; though truthful and a grateful. Eventually, it was regular exercise and making food my medicine. Eventually, I found out how to make my body healthier. And whit, you’re right we do learn what is good for ourselves. We need to listen carefully to what our body is saying, and listen carefully to what we keep saying to ourselves. Surrround yourself with hope minded & faith filled people.

That time, though wasn’t a good time, changed my life for good. The losses I had in my life, had not compared to the loss of health. The result was reaching healthy place, beyond my healthiest days. The result was sheer gratitude and increased optimism. We all have our techniques for increasing the goodness in our life. And while some of the things I had learned in my health routine isn’t currently exactly as great as it had come to be (yet); I am not really upset about it. I am not upset about it because I learned how to change, be vigilant and disciplined for a desired result. If I did it before, I can do it again. For me that’s what 2009 will be; to be my best self and all else (good) will follow. This is such a wonderful site, in that we can all share goodness with each individual, share the techniques we use, and share our commonalities and what is uniquely our own.

Here’s to 2009 and may we all strengthen our best habits, always be in process of beginning, maintaining and strengthing even better habits and always do things with hope,discipline, wisdom, love, creativity, passion and peace.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I also think listening to relaxing music, especially classical music. For me, it relaxes my mind and body.

Ditto!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I walk my dog as a form of meditation, we go rambling around the streets and eventually end up in the park and walk around that. I live surrounded by hills and beautiful scenery. Every where I walk, I stop, literally and smell the roses, in other people’s gardens!! I look at the trees and watch the wind moving the leaves and branches. I laugh at my dog when she chases birds and gets a really puzzled look on her face when they take off and disappear, she has never thought to look up!!!
I find this a very healing thing to do, especially when I am feeling a bit low or have things on my mind that need dealing with. I think of nothing on these walks but what I am looking at and come home feeling refreshed and much more capable of dealing with whatever it is I need to deal with.
Like the madcookieman, I also write, after putting myself in a relaxed state by deep breathing, I pick up a pen and write whatever comes into my mind. Reading it later I am sometimes quite amazed at what I have written. I find this very healing also.

Healing is a combination of lots of things for me:

Good food, I drink lots of water, sometimes I fast – I try to avoid foods I can’t eat.
Rest – lots of sleep – I have naps during the day.
Exercise.
Happy thoughts, happy feelings – that where affirmations come in.
Right Action – doing things that make me feel good (like bubble baths and hobbies like gardening, giving)
Community – feeling that I belong and having support of people around me, I love hugs! I think touch is very important.

To get to this stage, I had to defuse several thoughts about myself and the world around me. If I had not done that, I would be emotionally and mentally unable to put into practice my healing regime outlined above.

If at any stage I feel I cannot do any of my healing things. I know I have to work on self talk.

Focus

Helping other people is very healing for me. It reminds me that I have so much to be thankful for.

In response to laurie’s post:

I listen to my meditation CD before bed. I try limit my carbs because I can’t eat much of it, otherwise I’d go oatmeal too, cos I luv my porridge!!!

Focus

While Lee and I were away we caught up with a friend who is a massage therapist. he is very spiritual and we always have the most intense conversations that often get personal but in an open and energy conducive way. (I hope that made sense)
Anyway, our friend has this ultimate belief that all feelings have a physical manifestation, deep deep feelings that need resolution to heal the physical pain. This idea of storing energy in areas that are related to an emotional stress really struck a chord with me and I have been trying to listen to my body much more and be intune with how my spiritual body is communicating needs through my physical body. Just this realisation and belief has been quite healing already. Does anyone else work though a healing process from this veiw point?

Dear Melt86~ I used to have recurring sinus infections, sometimes 2 or 3 times a month. I once read a book Louise Hay about just that subject – that sinus infections are caused by feeling out of control and “walked on”. When I dealt with the issues that I knew were causing me to feel that way, I never had another sinus infection again. It has been 4 years since I had a sinus infection. I have never been to a doctor or treated in any way to account for it. I only dealt with the issue that needed to be resolved…one that I had ignored for far too many years!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to laurie’s post:

Please post the link… maybe I can have a little before bed. I am diabetic, so I will have to take an extra shot, but maybe worth the effort :)

In response to melt86’s post:

I believe this too, that all our cells are conscious in some way, ie. the quantum wave/particle conundrum. All those electrons are affecting things they are part of, that they make up. Everything is made up of electrons. If we think they’re good guys then they will act that way. This is a strong link between thought and physicality.

Focus

I just wanted to say that I’ve reduced my insulin consumption by 80% in the last 2 years, via affirmations a la Louise Hay. I use the affirmation: “My life is sweet”.

I am having problems with the last 20%, it seems stubbornly ingrained.

Intuitively thinking I need to let go of ego stuff – any thoughts?

I now do not take hypertension or graves disease meds, both conditions CURED

Focus

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
What a fantastic achievement!! Well done! Did you go about resolving the issue yourself or did you have the help of a therapist or good friend?

The healing I use for myself especially when times get alittle overwhelming or when my body tells me that I need the healing is by tuning into my body and make the energy twirl around like a spinning top, its kind of hard to explain, I have always been able to do it ever since I was sixteen, I can bring the spinning on by focusing on the inside of my tummy and make it spin like crazy, I then circulate it around to all parts of my body, its quite an overwhelming experience. Sometimes I get to the point of white light, thou that sorts of comes to Astro-traveling, which it freaked me out a bit and havent been to that level after that.

Louise Hay has a book called You Can Heal Your Body, its amazing book and I certaintly recommend for others to read. There is a section at the back where she has written an A to Z list of problems that the body goes through, has a probable cause for it and then a new thought pattern.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh sorry I have given you all the wrong book for the A to Z of problems. The book I was meant to write was You Can Heal Your Life. Sorry for the confusion. Louise L Hay has written so many books, I am reading the back of the book and have noticed she has the A to Z problems in its own little book, its called Heal Your Body A to Z. Would be ideal to have I reckon.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

added in 2012….
deleted a response to Freygan from 2009, because link I had was not working…but I’ll locate it again & replace.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi Laurie! Yes I certaintly feel more energized and balanced. I also feel as thou I have been bathed in fresh clean water, purified to be the exact word! My body feels lighter and relaxed.

Went to the cardiologist yesterday, he says I have some kidney damage – so I’m getting booked into the hospital renal clinic. I started having “negative thoughts” for a couple of hours and then settled into my normal state of optimism.

I got scared because my mother and grandfather died of renal failure, they were on dialysis for years before they passed – the thought that I may suffer the same fate caused a bit of distress.

But I feel better now that I am thinking more positive thoughts. I am different to them. I live in a different time. I am proactive in my medical treatment. I have healed myself before.

I also booked myself into the diabetes clinic so I can overhaul my regime and maybe get myself an insulin pump. Might as well!

Focus

In response to freygan’s post:
I send positive thoughts and prayers for you too! Please update us. my best to you(: And you’re right, you’ve healed yourself before, you and the Higher Power can turn it all around!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Oh Biggest cuddle for you from me Freygan! Everything is going to be ok! You have a spirit inside that is strong and determined to fight anything that comes your way. Sending much love and light xxxoooxxx

In response to Pure Essence’s post:
I feel joy for you that you found a way to energize and balance your system. It’s great when we find out how to make us work better, isn’t it? Healing ourselves is a gift(:

I have to tell you Pure Essense, you sound like you have wonderful energy about you(: My best to you.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thankyou Laurie, my very best to you too! Your energy is amazingly wonderful! Your threads are a real pleasure in reading and I am honoured to be a part of them. You have so much to share with us, I love the way you think!

{{{{{{freygan}}}}}}
hugs for you freygan!

It’s great that you can reframe and think positively. You are very conscious of the food you eat already and this food can heal you also. Along with water you can direct healing thoughts into what you ingest and truly believe that you will get better. We are all here for you :) Lots of loving support.

Thanks Mel!

Dee – what does the Louise Hay book say about kidneys?

Focus

best of luck freygan! everything will be fine, make sure you drink lots of water….

I find medittion and spending time with nature, like going for a trek or a bushwalk to be incredibly healing. My body also loves me when i lay off teh alcohol for over a week as well ;)

I had L. Hay book handy, “You Can Heal Your Life”
affirmation for kidneys:
“Divine right action is always taking place in my life. Only good comes from each experience. It is safe to grow up.”

and the one for diabetes is:

“This moment is filled with joy. I now choose to experience the sweetness of today”

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks Laurie :)

Focus

what a great thread to read from 2009 ,love and peace flowergirl

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content