Try Hypnosis Audio For Free!
bmindful: an affirmation community Don't miss the positive affirmations! Signup or Log In to remove this ad.

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in below!

Would like input on Values, Purpose, Mission, Strengths

Are values and strengths the same thing? I think there must be a difference, but am having a hard time putting the differences in words.

Also, is your Purpose and your Mission statement the same thing?

Please share your thoughts on these concepts and how they are related plus any thoughts that would help me get a better understanding on getting clear on them and using the answers I find.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary#

I am feeling confused about your purpose for your purpose(:

Do you have a mission statement? Does it suggest your direction? If it suggests your direction, I would think it would be -part of your purpose.

Your mission statement may embody your purpose. Though I believe it’s part ..because as you grow,you will narrow down specifics as to how your broad mission statement connects with your growing purpose.

Maybe I’m just sleepy..but that’s how I see it.

I Am Joy quote I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think. Rumi
quote pic I Am Courage,Peace and Joy

I’m feeling confused too. Maybe, one again, I’m trying too hard. Not sure. I’m going to try to relax a little about it. My mind feels like it’s being overloaded!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary#

Ideally, your values are your strengths but for most of us some of our strengths are our values while many of our values are those things which we aspire to.

My understanding is that a Mission Statement is an optional and formal way to clarify and announce your purpose.

Your values and strengths make you, you Madcookieman and serve you well in furthering your pursuits (Is pursuit the same as purpose? tee hee…) Jan

I beleive personal values have to be something that you actively do. Love is a quality but if you don’t express it to others than it’s not really a value of yours, is it!? Humans as a whole have a purpose but we each choose to accept our own missions.

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
In response to jancydat’s post:

I am going to extract some of Jan’s post and add to mine.
If it suggests your direction, I would think it would be -part of your purpose. Your mission statement may embody your purpose. Though I believe it’s part ..because as you grow,you will narrow down specifics as to how your broad mission statement connects with your growing purpose.
A Mission Statement is an optional and formal way to clarify and announce your purpose.

Maybe we can get more members to post,and end up with a more complete answer..hopefully what is…and what helps(:

Though I can see why you are getting confused, many sites use mission statement and purpose interchangeably.

Here is one for business,and it sounds like that’s what they are doing

It says:
An organizational mission is an organization’s reason for existence. It often reflects the values and beliefs of top managers in an organization. A mission statement is the broad definition of the organizational mission. It is sometimes referred to as a creed, purpose, or statement of corporate philosophy and values. A good mission statement inspires employees and provides a focus and direction for setting lower level objectives. It should guide employees in making decisions and establish what the organization does. Mission statements are crucial for organizations to prosper and grow. While studies suggest that they have a positive impact on profitability and can increase shareholder equity, they also support that almost 40 percent of employees do not know or understand their company’s mission.

Not only large corporations benefit from creating mission statements but small businesses as well. Entrepreneurial businesses are driven by vision and high aspirations. Developing a mission statement will help the small business realize their vision. Its primary purpose is to guide the entrepreneur and assist in refining the planning process. By developing a strategic plan that incorporates the mission statement, entrepreneurs are more likely to be successful and stay focused on what is important.

I Am Joy quote I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think. Rumi
quote pic I Am Courage,Peace and Joy