login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

inner child acceptance

How old were you when you truly accepted yourself as pure?

I was 6 1/2 when I accepted myself as being “good” in God’s eyes. I was helping out my 17 year old sister emotionally and diligently. I was her only emotional support. That made be feel that I was doing “good”. I also loved since, what is right and good. I also refused to be unbalanced. I’ve been faithful to God ever since I made a vow I would never spit in his face and try to be like Job and Jeremiah. Since then, I’ve lost my voice & confidence and I want it back! I’ve felt overwhelmed my whole childhood and also since I had moved back in with my parents a few years ago. When I was a teen I started lying because of peer pressure cause of being different. I also became verbal and emotionally liable because I was craving my long distance boyfriend, who never kept in touch. I tried to gain approval my whole life and feel guilt. I’ve lost touch with my inner child. I’m not responsible unless I really need to and I procrastinate, also depending on my parents since childhood, so I don’t have to burn energy. I’m increasingly physically and anxiously ill. I don’t take care of myself and I don’t do anything for myself. I’ve lost the motivation to truly live, because I feel it’s out of my control. I chase after the guy who I just mentioned, that lives 15 hrs away and who has never been hugged by his family. I’m needy and this cycle just keeps repeating. I know it doesn’t seem like much, but it is overwhelming. What’s your summary of your life?

I can sum up my life in a few words after writting this post. I’m miserable, distracted and unfocused. I need to fix that starting now!… Can you really feel overwhelmed because you’ve lost your voice or is it because of hard times?

Why not join us at the other inner child thread already responding to these things?

You are feeling stuck. You are thinking about changing. Look at other people’s comments in this area, and it may assist you(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Here are some defensive mechanisms that are related to behavior patterns:
Some of the common defense mechanisms are: Compensation, Con-version, denial, displacement, dissociation, idealization, identification, incorporation, introjection, projection, rationalization, reaction formation, regression, sublimation, substitution, symbolization and undoing.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content