login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★★More Fun Facts That We May Enjoy

SRWE began A great thread with thought provoking fun facts... link

Thought I'd start another. Join In whenever you like(:

•  You get exposed to more information in one day than a well-educated individual living in the 18th century encountered in a lifetime.
     You have up to 80,000 thoughts a day.

 You are bombarded with 4,000 messages daily in your environment. It’s no wonder that you forget things! Carmen Coker

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

gretchen_rubin_1.jpg

Meditate-Neuroscientists.jpg

Wisdom-Quotes-joy-comes-to-us.jpg

Joy-is-what-happens-to.jpg

Quotes-on-Gratitude-696x464.jpg

thanksgiving-quote-3-1570655765.png

72e9bfb6e6388a3319608f505f681d7e.jpg

related thread-★new★★Joy 'food for thought'

Why do great ideas come to you when you are taking a shower?

A. your brain switches to autopilot.

According to magazine-MENTAL FLOSS:

"Daydreaming activates the prefrontal cortex-the brain's command center for decisions, goals and behavior. It also switches on the rest of your brain's 'default mode network' (DMN), clearing the pathways that connect the regions of your noggin . With your DMN switched on, you can make creative decisions that your conscious mind would have dismissed'

{another reason to shower often} (:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/39/c4/83/39c483d3c3af786125c253f8e3d9c544--positive-self-affirmations-positive-self-talk.jpg

Image result for amazing facts quotes pics

thread-★pop your frontal lobes for guided imagery and brain mastery

990ae891051c0596596be9444a410d16.jpg

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

LAUGHTER.jpg

Dr William F. Fry, psychiatrist, Stanford University, California

Dr Fry began to examine the physiological effects of laughter in the late 1960s and is considered the father of ‘gelotology’ (the science of laughter). Dr Fry proved that mirthful laughter provides good physical exercise and can decrease your chances of respiratory infections. He showed that laughter causes our body to produce endorphins (natural painkillers).

Dr Lee Berk, Loma Linda University Medical Centre

Inspired by Norman Cousins, Dr Berk and his team of researchers from the field of psycho-neuro-immunology (PNI)studied the physical impact of mirthful laughter. In one study heart attack patients were divided into two groups: one half was placed under standard medical care while the other half watched humorous videos for thirty minutes each day. After one year the ‘humour’ group had fewer arrhythmias, lower blood pressure, lower levels of stress hormones, and required lower doses of medication. The non-humour group had two and a half times more recurrent heart attacks than the humour group (50% vs. 20%)

LAUGHTER.jpg

"Three to five minutes of intense laughter can double the heart rate-the aerobic equivalent of three strenuous minutes on a rowing machine."

Dr. W. Fry Jr.

• ~

LAUGHTER.jpg

Dr Madan Kataria, creator of Laughter Yoga

In March 1995 this medical doctor from Mumbai, India was writing an article Laughter – The Best Medicine for a health journal. In particular, he was impressed by Norman Cousins’ book Anatomy of an Illness and the research work by Dr Berk. Dr Kataria discovered that the body cannot differentiate between acted and genuine laughter. He then created a range of laughter exercises including elements of role-play and other techniques from his days as an amateur dramatic actor. Realizing the importance of child-like playfulness, he developed further techniques to stimulate this within a group. Laughter Yoga was born and is now accepted all over the world.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

LAUGHTER.jpg

"The number one reason for choosing a mate is the ability to
laugh together."

Parade Magazine poll, 1985

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

most-amazing-facts-quote-by-sanober-khan-1590352.jpg

• ~

A surfer in training for endurance. She runs along the bottom of the ocean with a 20-pound stone in order to have the strength to withstand the high pressure of shock waves.27.jpg

• ~

fun facts! so now I've seen.

love this!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

things Baby Boomers remember

ed738e0d157f4af488574e493049d90d.jpg

web site you may enjoy-www.boomerlife.org/

article

From 1944 to 1961, more than 65 million children were born in the United States. At the height of this baby boom, a child was born every seven seconds. Factors that contributed to the baby boom consisted of young couples who started families after putting off marriage during the War, government encouragement of growth of families through the aid of GI benefits, and popular culture that celebrated pregnancy, parenthood, and large families.

• ~

The sheer size of the baby-boom generation in the U.S. magnified its impact on society: the growth of families led to a migration from cities to suburbs in the postwar years, prompting a building boom in housing, schools, and shopping malls. As the “boomers” reached young adulthood in the 1960s and ’70s, their tastes in music and their hair and dress styles strongly influenced the national culture, and the political activism of some contributed to the unpopularity of the Vietnam War. As they aged and prospered in the 1980s and ’90s, their buying habits determined the course of many consumer industries, including automobiles. Today, members of the baby boomer generation are just beginning to leave the labor force and enter retirement.

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to above post:After the end of World War II, birth rates in the United States and other Western countries abnormally jumped up in a phenomenon that came to be called the baby boom. Technically, baby boomers are those people born worldwide between 1946 and 1964, the time frame most commonly used to define them. There are about 76 million boomers in the U.S., representing about 29 percent of the population. In Canada, they are known as “Boomies”; six million reside there. In Britain, the boomer generation is known as “the bulge”. to read more

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It’s the same with apples!

SPEAKING OF APPLES(:

Food_Fact2_Full.jpg

fun-facts-about-pandas-26-300x200.jpg?x846823iAyhOC.pngtumblr_mf5na9phxt1roqv59o1_500.pngimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5d4OsBLtTce9LCaWysk-Nm-N5lnzDkmuhDqLjY_pjcH8NxkdUzA

ARTICLE-JUST IN: Strawberries Are Not Berries, Yet Avocados and Watermelon Are

85053679.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

8803273_orig.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU7vYQWhUpKN7T-hX2bv2BIw69cpxoYOwwxvksW14AJhzkHsuJ85053683.jpgWeird-Food-Facts-That-Will-Make-You-Rethink-Your-Lunch-Plans_Social1.jpglearnfoodfactsgraphic.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

8b4613478b26d333ad2eb5b01683b78a.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

more fun facts:

If you want to get technical about it, peanuts are actually considered legumes. While real nuts grow on trees, peanuts grow in pods that mature underground; other types of legumes, such as lentils and peas, also grow beneath the surface. ... Botanically speaking, they are classified as seeds of the trees (or fruits!)

Mrs Peanut Funny Fruit, Funny Food, Food Humor, Food - Clip Art ...

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content