login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ How reliant on Google are you?

It’s 3.56am here, I’m sitting at my computer doing a bit of work…

Switching between my mail (Google, even on my domains) my Calendar (Google) and my documents (Google) as well as a few web searches (Google of course)

It wasn’t until I went to check my web site statistics (Google) that it occurred to me exactly how reliant I am on Google!

Thinking about it some more, I also use Google Reader to read all my blog subscriptions as well, I use FeedBurner with most of my web sites (Now owned by Google) and I’m browsing the web with Firefox at the moment, which wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for the profits they made from Google (Via the search bar)

You could say I’m fairly reliant on Google day to day!

I don’t usually like to have all my eggs in one basket, so to be honest it does bother me a little :) It works well though and so far they’ve always been reliable, even if they do know where I am every day, who my friends are, what’s on my mind, what my interests are and how my businesses are going :)

How reliant on Google are you?

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Hi Lee! I, too, live in a Googlicious (pronounced Google Ish Us) World. My business heavily relies on Google Adwords to bring traffic my way…and it is how I found your wonderful site. Thank goodness for Google! :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I agree with you Lee, I am way too reliant on Google. But when it works, why change it, huh? LOL

I use twitter instead of google sometimes, but google is my main way of finding stuff on the web, plus it’s my email server.

Focus

It certainly does work Linda! It’s already saved me once today (logging on to mobile Google docs to retrieve a password I needed) and I wouldn’t have got any work done if it wasn’t for the fully functional Google docs.

Thank you Google!

Their mantra is ‘Do no evil’ or some such, I hope they succeed with that! :)

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

i didn’t think i was that reliant to google until my work put on an internet filter which blocked google and then i had no idea what to do with myself!

i also use gmail.com and google.docs.com

google docs is great if you travel around a lot because you can access your docs anywhere in teh world and you don’t have to worry about losing your docs because they are all backed up on googles servers!

Yes Google is the “Kleenex” of search engines.

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

I was known by the tutor in a class I was attending as the “Google Queen”, a dubious honour which came about because if someone said “Oh I would like to know about that” or some such thing, I would say “google it”. I often took stuff in that I had found through Google that was appropriate for what we were learning about at the time. I love Google, I also found bmindful through Google and am convinced you can find anything with Google

In response to goddess’s post:

In education streams lot of people rely on Google. When I embark on a project with the children and I’m not too sure of content – Google – or if they ask a question and I don’t know the answer – Google. I know of a school that let’s the children Google themselves, “learning to use tools to investigate” or some such. I still don’t know if I agree competely with this as children need to learn how to evaluate sources as well and relying on Google may not always be a completely unbias way to access information.

In response to melt86’s post:

I do the target word puzzle in the SMH almost everyday, sometimes when I can’t find a word in the dictionary, I look up google. I sometimes think this is not kosher, but I reckon if it’s on wikipedia, it should be in the dictionary.

Focus

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content