login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★one of those days

,Today i think the universe is trying to tell me something .Its the day our binmen come so i thought i would shred a bag of papers and bin them ,after a few the shredder has overheated and cut out .Ok i thought i willput new loo seat on so old one can go in bin ,managed to undoe one screw – other ones stuck ,sons in bed so that has to wait .Im trying to throw out as much as poss as its my only way to get rid of stuff and im trying to declutter .
I realised i say to my kids when they are rushing – why didnt you prepare stuff earlier instead of last minuite – time to eat my words and take my own advice – why wait till thursday morning when binmen are due to suddenly do these jobs .
Also i think im avoiding dealing with other things i need to do ,at least now im becoming aware of my actions and my thoughts

Flowergirl, there’s a song in there somewhere. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the word binmen! The Binmen are coming! We call them garbage collectors or the trashmen. All of these words sound juicy for a song to me. I also love “loo seat”. I’m going to file that idea in the back of my mind and let it stew for a while!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to flowergirl’s post:
In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Awww Bless MCM – You are just dying to pick our British lingo!!!

A full and thankful heart..

As for having ‘one of those days’ dear flowergirl – it happens to the best of us. I am told, humour works – i’e make light of any seeingly awkward days. You did the right thing by recognising it as ‘one of those days’ rather than thinking the worst e.g “why is everything wrong in the world?”. Easily done, yet you are brimming with the right attitudes. Its wonderful how this site helps us, changes our attitudes and lets us see the brighter side! Chin up Flowergirl….every cloud has its silver lining!!! Maybe the universe is telling you to have a rest, and not worry about these things today….? x

I can’t wait to hear what you come up with. :)

In response to Anoushka’s post:

You are so right. Bmindful is a big help to me…lots of good advice. And yea, Bmindful lets us know that we are not alone, that we can find comfort and ideas from the good folk here. :)

I have days like that all the time. Being in a hurry doesn’t get me anywhere…just makes things more dificult. But, I’m learning to slow down and to do one thing at a time. You learn to appreciate things more that way. :)

In response to anoushka’s post:
I lived in London for a while, I really liked living there in the city. It’s neat to me the you call apartments flats, and cookies biscuits and trunks boots, and hoods bonnets and chips crisps and french fries chips and toilets loos, and… tell me some more!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

potatoes are spuds ,lobbies is a similar meal to scouse ( the food is spelt the same as the accent )if somethings beltin its really good ,will post more as i thinkof them ,im glad you like binmen .Re the loo seat my son has gotthe old one off andwe now have nice new pine one ,im in a twist with myself today stressing over my daughter so im trying to do stuff

I hope all will be better soon. I’ll be sending you positive thoughts whenever you cross my mind.

Pip pip, cheerio! Don’t let yourself get in a twist!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

im going to do something posiive and sart to copy out my affirmations and have a relaxing hour with coloured pencils etc .Our printer is broken so cant print them off but i think writing is more relaxing .

That’s a FANTASTIC idea!!!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

thank you mcm, i just need to find the paper now .One day i will be a tidy soul

I can relate to ‘best laid plans’. I left for work ‘early’ today so I’d have time to catch up on a few things. Half way there, a train stopped us. I thought, well, this won’t take TOO long…..then to my amazement, the train slowed and STOPPED – blocking the crossing and just SAT there. I had to turn around, and take an alternate route – adding 2 minutes to my communte and obliterating my ‘early’ arrival. I BARELY made it into my classroom before the morning bell rang. ROLLING with it – but it DID take a minute to re-group.

I chose to use the ‘extra’ time in the car to call my mother and catch up with her. So, although I was later to work, at least I had time to chat with my Mom…. which she really needed.

All things have at least SOME positive outcome – even if we don’t see it right away.

I used to get tense when stuff like that happened, now (not always but most of the time) when stuff like that happens and I start feeling tense, I notice it immediately and start laughing at myself.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Flowergirl –

writing your affirmations out is a very good exercise – I’ve see it recommended that we all do that – write out what we are working on 20 times a day. We tend to repeat in our minds what we write…it starts to ‘sink in’ better. So it’s GOOD your printer is out of play. Write em out – it’s better for you!

You crack me up MCM – “TOODLE PIP, CHEERIO” – You know we dont say stuff like that right? LOL!
Actually our sweet flowergirl is from “up north” so her accent is different from mine (Southern Counties, Surrey to be exact).

She might say stuff like “ awwwhhh give orrrverrr!” (oh give over – like oh, give it a rest) Am I right Flowergirl???

In response to anoushka’s post:
tha’s reet anoushka ,ahm in t’house reet naw ,just put th’oven on for us tea ,tee hee im not that broad lancashire ,its mixed with a touch of scouse ( liverpool ) gorra lorra affy’s to gerron paper .
I would imagine you sound quite posh ,does Anthea Turner live there .We sound a bit like Vernon Kay off the t v

mcm ,my son just suggested you listen to a group called the Lancashire Hot Pots ,he loves them ,they are on youtube ,thats how they talk where we live .
It would be fun to all meet up wouldnt it

I know, I’m just being silly. I lived in London and could understand everyone pretty well. Sometimes I’d run into someone with a strong cockney accent and I couldn’t understand them. I’d just smile and pretend like I did. I remember I was way up in Culrain, the northern tip of Scotland once and I asked a guy for directions and I absolutely could not understand one word of what he said. I occasionally heard someone speaking “Gaelic” or “Welsh” something. But, all in all, I could understand almost everyone. Man, now I want some Indian food! I could go for some vindaloo or some tandoori chicken or something.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Speaking of food, English cuisine leaves a lot to be desired! Whew, blood pudding! Are you kidding me? And what the heck is spotted dick? I only made the mistake of eating in a pub a couple of times before I learned my lesson about English cooking. They need to get some Italians to move there. Now Italians, THEY know how to cook, baby! Actually so do the Indians, and the Chinese, and the French, and even the Germans could show a thing or two to English cooks. WOW!! (I’m actually laughing out loud as I write this.) Scandanavians, though, I’m gonna have to draw the line there too. I’m not big on the pickled herring for breakfast, or for lunch or dinner for that matter. What are your thoughts, Hobson?

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Scones! Scones! I forgot about scones!!! I’ll give ‘em a nod for scones, but that’s about it.

Toodleyoooooo….

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hep me, hep me, somebody hep me, i dun loss my mine…

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to nature girl's post:

I love that you said … At least now I am

becoming aware of my actions and thoughts! 

that is huge!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to jfowler's post:

love that 

All things have at least SOME positive outcome – even if we don’t see it right away.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Every day could easily be one of those days …. though allowing love to

permeate everything 💖

I like this:

Inside you is a treasure trove

of love and strength.

Let it rise to the surface.

Be your full power. –

Karen Salmansohn

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content