login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★The Inter-Connectedness of Values

My current thinking is that all values are connected and that they support and re-enforce one another. (I would like your input on this.) Also, by discovering our core values and working out our individual “related value groups” we can see that living by our core values – ALL of our values, even our “lesser” values are strengthened. Each of us, each living our lives by our unique set of core values, will experience more fulfillment in all areas of our lives and ALL of our values will be strengthened and re-enforced. (Whew! That was a mouthful!)

I came to this as I began mind-mapping my core values and their related (in my mind – for me) values. I quickly realized that diagramming related values on a mind-map would take too long so I simply made a list. I wrote down a personal core value and began listing the related values. Below are two of my lists.

Hard Work: (A Core Value I Need To Focus On More)
Meaning (Notice that “Meaning” for me is also a related value of “Genuineness” and “Genuineness is one of my core values.), Effective Action, Accomplishment, Achievement, Attitude, Authority, Challenge, Freedom (A Core Value for Me), Opportunity, Persistence, Self-reliance, Skill, Stability, Fame, Status, Success, Commitment, Competence, Conviction, Determination, Discipline, Discovery, Efficiency, Empowerment, Excellence, Experience, Influence, Innovation, Improvement, Integrity, Involvement, Knowledge, Leadership, Learning, Leisure, Merit, Power, Practicality (A Core Value for Me), Prestige, Pride, Creativity, Prosperity, Wealth, Quality, Recognition, Reliability, Resourcefulness, Respect, Responsibility, Responsiveness, Results, Rootedness, Security, Teamwork, Trust, Usefulness, Well-Being, Wisdom (Again – notice the relationship to “Genuineness”), Quality, Inner Peace, Personal Growth, Progress, Service, Problem Solving

Genuineness: (A Core Value for Me)
Communication, Connection, Authenticity, Honesty, Truth, Sharing, Friendship, Family, Integrity, Practicality, Meaning, Peace, Harmony, Leadership, Gratitude, Cooperation, Wisdom, Sincerety

I did this for every one of my core values.
You can see that there are re-enforcing relationships in your value groups. You can easily see how living by your core values strengthens ALL of your values.

That is what I call “LEVERAGE” my friend. That is what I call 80/20 to the MAX, good buddy, breaker, breaker, put the pedal to the medal, this here’s the Duck, we’re about to go a’ huntin’ bear, let them truckers roll, ten four…

Convoy
The Devil Went Down To Georgia
Celebrate
This Is It
Eye of the Tiger
I Can See Clearly Now The Rain Is Gone
Don’t Give Up
Don’t Stop Believing
You’re Gonna Make It After All – Mary Tyler Moore
Don’t Stop Thinking About Tomorrow (But Remember To Be Present!!!)
No Surrender (For Laurie)
Dreams
Hold On
Break My Stride
I Won’t Back Down
Little Wing (Stevie Ray’s Great Version of a Great Song, If you don’t listen to any of the rest, listen to this one!!!)

Ought To Ought Toos:
Discover Your Core Values:

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Something tells me this has been on your mind a while, Jeff!! :) I’m proud of your efforts!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content