login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Great therapy in forums.

I’ve spend a hours and hours, editing copy for forums. I used to think that I was contributing to a point of interest and hoping that what I had written would at least raise questions, just as reading them did. Sometime last year I stopped contributing, to reflect on how I was spending my time; concerned that I wasn’t making the best use of it.

I realised that I wasn’t really contributing to a forum, as much as I was using the site as a virtual Counsellor; looking for support and approval; a kind of co-dependence. Maybe there’s nothing wrong with that but I thought at the time it boardered self indulgence, so decided to stop!!

Now I find myself drawn again to the virtual Counsellor but not because I’m seeking succour but because I’ve realised it’s great therapy. Thinking in ink is an extremely powerful counselling tool and if noone else gets it, does it really matter? But…if they do and they reply, the results are often amazing. Afterall, the only people likey to reply are those that strongly agree and those that strongly dissagree, so it’s always interesting and hopefully, you’re always dealing with truth.

Some of the affirmations here are aimed at tangible gain; material wealth but I think of wealth differently. I realise I need money but I only need enough to pay for the things I need to be free as much as possible. Real freedom comes from courage; you can’t buy it and having the courage to be free gives me the one thing I could never have without it; time to be in my favourite places and to really think. For me, spiritual wealth is far, far more important than material wealth, so whilst I don’t subscribe to some of the affirmations here, I’ve otherwise found great therapy and spiritual wealth in bmindful forums and I’ve had some great replies too. Hello again.

Thanks Lee.

Kev.

Act positively, in the moment, with one eye on tomorrow. Freerace.

Freerace,

I think you’ve got something there!

Courage on at least two levels:

1. Courage to routinely do personal reflection

2. Courage to act on personal reflection.

I call it being consciously aware and trying to do right and good by all.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

HI Freerace! Thanks for sharing your experiment in abstainence from forums. It further affirms my regular visits here. Here, I find daily nourishment, exercise and support for my soul.
Each of us takes away different things according to current needs and states of mind, so, it’s understandable that we don’t all use the same affirmations. “Abundance” means different things to different people. It can also mean different things on different days to the same person.;) It’s all good:) Jan

In response to jancydat’s post:

Jan..ditto to all you said(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content