login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★How do you use color?

How do you use color in your life?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love to wear green.

I’ve been reading about healing though light. It’s really interesting, I’m not convinced though. Spectro Chrome

Focus

I love using color to stimulate mood, thought and feelings.
Any artists in the community? I could use a hand in color these days.

I’ve been working on color in my home lately.
I’m into color and how it affects energy/mood.

… love green and the different shades. And strongly feel green associated with balance. Have you noticed how the different shades of the same color “give off” different things? I had a great book I think called Rainbow on the subject, that my husband had gotten in California Rainbow exhibit in San Fransico in mid 70’s. He said they had a great rainbow light show as well.

Just now found the book online, is out of print but being sold used-cheap. This is the summary that was given:The Rainbow Book….Being a Collection of Essays & Illustrations Devoted to Rainbows in Particular & Spectral Sequences in General Focusing on the Meaning of Color (Physically &Metaphysically) From Ancient to Modern Times

I have a fairly good book now called Beginners Guide to Color Therapy by Johnathan Dee and Lesley Taylor. My husbands’ book was much better (from what I recall). I remembered using his book at a wellness fair for children, and they really enjoyed parts of it also.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love colour too. When I used to work in a team, I was the “Colour Goddess” cos I knew which colours worked.

I picked the colours in our home – purple for the fireplace, turquoise blue for the kitchen cabinet doors. Lime and gold for the bathroom. Everything else is white or cream.

Focus

In response to freygan’s post:
I wish I could see a picture of your place(: It sounds like you were very creative.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’ve been doing more reading about crystals and colours and notice today that I am wearing green and have been seeking balance.
does anyone else use crystals in their everyday happenings? for their colour effect or energies?

Thinking about color made me think about balance and chakras. I found the following information which is consistent with other studies I have done in the recent past.
Chakras thrive on energy, prayer and also food they respond to the following colors.

1.) The Root Color – red
2.) The Sacral Color – orange
3.) The Solar Plexus Color – yellow
4.) The Heart Color – green, pink
5.) The Throat Color – blue
6.) The Third Eye Color – indigo
7.) The Crown Color – violet, white

Feeding Your Root Chakra
Root vegetables: carrots, potatoes, parsnips, radishes, beets, onions, garlic, etc.
Protein-rich foods: eggs, meats, beans, tofu, soy products, peanut butter.
Spices: horseradish, hot paprika, chives, cayenne, pepper

Feeding Your Sacral Center
Sweet fruits: melons, mangos, strawberries, passion fruit, oranges, coconut, etc.
Honey Nuts: almonds, walnuts, etc.
Spices: cinnamon, vanilla, carob, sweet paprika, sesame seeds, caraway seeds

Feeding Your Solar Plexus Chakra
Granola and Grains: pastas, breads, cereal, rices, flax seed, sunflower seeds, etc.
Dairy: milk, cheeses, yogurt .
Spices: ginger, mints (peppermint, spearmint, etc.), melissa, chamomile, turmeric, cumin, fennel

Feeding Your Heart Chakra
Leafy vegetables: spinach, kale, dandelion greens, etc.
Air vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, squash, etc. Liquids: green teas
Spices: basil, sage, thyme, cilantro, parsley

Feeding Your Throat Chakra
Liquids in general: water, fruit juices, herbal teas
Tart or tangy fruits: lemons, limes, grapefruit, kiwi
Other tree growing fruits: apples, pears, plums, peaches, apricots, etc.
Spices: salt, lemon grass

Feeding Your Third Eye Chakra
Dark bluish colored fruits: blueberries, red grapes, black berries, raspberries, etc.
Liquids: red wines and grape juice
Spices: lavender, poppy seed, mugwort

Feeding Your Crown Chakra
Air: fasting / detoxing
Incense and Smudging Herbs: sage, copal, myrrh, frankincense, and juniper

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

In response to ThisIsBruce’s post:
THATS A WONDERFUL POST! THANK YOU

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Would love to see your home. Sounds beautiful.

Thaks for this, I need to make a copy of it and keep it.

I pick my fruits and vegetables sometimes based on the color. Feel like having only green, or alot of red, or require yellow :-)
Am not so dary at home. Use collors in the accesoirs.
Green also my favorit. All shades, from screaming lime green to suttle dark green. Makes me feel good.

…what a wonderful world….

Would love to see your home too! Lime and gold seem perfect together and i love turquoise. I love purple too, but it seems a bit bold on a fireplace.
I too have a challenge with coordinating colors, Laurie. :s

I have photos of my home on my facebook account:

Kitchen

Garden

Focus

Girl, give yourself a brand new makeover and get yourself some affordable cabinet hardware! Love that turquoise, it’s bright and cheerful with an exotic flare. My cabinets were pool blue and i painted them orangy-brown for warmth.

In response to melt86’s post:

Hi Melt86~

I have one set of crystals in my kitchen hanging over my dining room table where we all congregate for eating. They are supposed to represent peace and harmony. Whenever we get together for good home cooked meals prepared with love – and share it with the friendship of others – we always experience peace and harmony under that lovely string of crystals.

What are you experiencing?

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Wow, some great discussion here!

Just found this via a Truemors Post:

Folks requiring assistance in completing detail-oriented tasks should consider shades of red, while people in need of a little creative inspiration should opt for blue. If whipping out the blue tape and shoving furniture around doesn’t sound like your idea of a fun Saturday, fear not, because the study claims you don’t need an overwhelming splash of color to get inspired; just a little background screen change can do the trick.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Great post Lee, the best article i’ve read on color! It’s interesting that someone started this thread. I am so fascinated with color science, i wanted to study rainbow spectrum measurements.

very interesting, does this mean supposed “indigo children” can more easily to develop their third eye chakra than others? makes sense..

this is very interesting

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content