login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Using Your Imagination For Creating Life {Don't Worry Be Happy}

thread originally created in 2010 {before pics were possible} Now we have more resources/outlets for our uniqueness & ways to express 

Please join me in the present :

love,selfcare

•  

The rose is fairest when ‘t is budding new,
and hope is brightest when it dawns from fears.
Walter Scott

Surely there is something in the unruffled calm of nature that overawes our little anxieties and doubts; the sight of the deep-blue sky and the clustering stars above seems to impart a quiet to the mind.
Jonathan Edwards

Let us be of good cheer, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those that never happen.
James Russel Lowell

Thus each person by his fears gives wings to rumor, and, without any real source of apprehension, men fear what they themselves have imagined.Lucan

No hurt feelings here

by Amy Turon

What about hurt feelings? Is it OK to have hurt feelings?

The truth is that nothing can hurt me unless I allow it to.

When I am pained by anything that happens outside of myself, it is not that thing which hurts me, but the way I think and feel about it.
How do I overcome my hurt? By detaching./However, I first need to examine whether I played a part in this event. Did I show unkindness or disrespect to another, and they struck back? If so, then I need to correct my fault. If not, then I have no responsibility in the matter. There is no need for me to allow myself to suffer over the actions and reactions of other people. Other adult human beings are not my responsibility, no matter how closely their lives may be intertwined with mine.My challenge is to let it go, detach from what others say and do, and not take it personally. I have a choice

Making the Choice Not to Worry at success.com via @SUCCESS Magazine

More damage is done by worrying than by what is being worried about. This is because 90 percent of all worries never come to pass. Over the years, I have made it a deliberate point not to worry. If something happens at work or at home that would constitute a worry, I have learned to address the potential worry and say, “I’m going to wait to worry.” Then when I objectively and realistically address the issue, the “obvious” need for worrying goes away.

For me to enjoy life, remain healthy, and be full of peace, worry cannot be part of my daily routine. I’ve seen its disastrous effects on the lives of people and their children. Here are a few of the side effects of worrying:

Self-doubt – It is a downward spiral that focuses on the negative and why things cannot be done versus why things can be done. It is a sinkhole, a debilitating attitude, and a terrible habit.

Mediocrity – Capable people who worry are rendered incapable of accomplishing their intended goal. Worry makes you peck around on the ground like a chicken when you were intended to soar like an eagle.

Fright – People who worry are not being cautious or thinking things over; they are simply scared. Running scared is the enemy of success, peace, contentment, happiness, joy, and laughter.

No spark – The excitement is gone. Worry lets the air out of all you do, draining the fun and excitement from everything.

No creativity – The freedom to be creative is squelched by worry. You simply cannot excel to your full potential when worry controls your thoughts.

Improper shaping – You are molded and shaped by your thinking, and worries should not shape your future.

Hazy results – Those who worry are second-guessing themselves, which produces a hesitancy that brings with it an unclear focus. Such a hazy goal will produce a hazy result.

Bad habits – Worrying is a habit, the result of preconditioning and years of practice. The destructive habit of worrying turns people into prisoners.

Physical ailments – The body reacts adversely to internal worries. John Edmund Haggai insightfully stated, “A distraught mind inevitably leads to a deteriorated body.”

Wasted time – Over 90 percent of what you worry about never comes to pass. To worry is to waste time; therefore, the more you worry, the less you accomplish.

Make the decision for yourself to live life worry-free. It is not only possible, but it is also very enjoyable

•  

See the source image