login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Guitar Favorites

This thread is specifically for great guitar sounds you enjoy.

This is going to be great(:

What do you think of this? Listen to Tom Morello parts? Unreal..I don’t like Rage Against Machine..but I do like Tom Morello..

Tom Morello playing Ghost of Tom Joad

Samba Ti played by Santana

Eric Clapton and Buddy Guy

Eric Clapton and Santana- Jingo

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Okay, I’m gonna be all over the place on this thread. Your brain may explode, especially with this first one.

Yngwie Malmsteen’s Rising Force is just one of many pieces by ingvay with lightning speed.

Al DiMeola is another speed demon. Here he is with Passion, Grace and Fire
I actually got his autograph once.

Here’s John McLaughlin who I was lucky enough to get to see in London years ago. Al DiMeola, John McLaughlin and Paco de Lucia recorded an album called Passion, Grace and Fire that you might wanna’ check out. I don’t know which one is considered Passion, which one is supposed to be Grace and which one Fire. As far as I’m concerned they are each one full of each.

Here’s Larry Carlton with Room 335
He’s another one I’ve met, twice actually. I have a dollar bill with his and Lee Ritenour’s autograph. After a concert once I snuck up on the stage while his equipment was still out and touched his guitar. I was hoping I might get a little jolt of magic.

Eric Johnson is another one of my favorite guitarists. Here is a video someone made of Venus Isle
I saw him in Memphis once, he is really fantastic. I also have a “friend” that knows him. He’s another pretty famous guitar player named Richard Johnson. He’s not related to him, he just happens to share the last name (like about ten million other people). Anyway, the reason I know Richard Johnson is ‘cause he’s from my hometown. I’ve actually gotten to play with him before. He’s not what you’d call a close friend, but he actually knows me too. Here’s Richard (Leo) Johnson doing Get Funked and NO, I can’t play like that!!! Here is Richard’s Website
He’s also a highly regarded phtographer. Oh, and those are electric guitar strings on that 12 string acoustic in case any of you guitar players out there were wondering.

Here’s another pretty well know guitar player that I actually know and have gotten to play with. Here’s Richard Gilewitz doing some stuff live. I haven’t seen him in a long time, but if you visit his site you can ask him if he remembers me. Tell him they guy who owned that little bar in El Dorado, Arkansas called The Mast sent ya’. Gilewitz knows Leo Kottke pretty well and Kottke has recorded some of Gilewitz’s stuff. That Kottke video is pretty funny. I got to see Kottke in Little Rock once. There’s a great place in Little Rock called Juanita’s that lots of great live music if you ever find yourself there for any reason and are looking for something to do. They also have good Mexican food. Here’s an actual piece by Leo Kottke 2,9,8

Here’s another guitar great named Alan Holdsworth doing a piece called White Line I haven’t listened to much of his stuff, but I know he’s a great player and someone worth exploring.

Here’s another fantastic player, Frank Gambale doing a song called High Five He’s another one I’ve only listened to a little, but am very impressed with his playing. He does a lot of “modal” playing. Some of you musicians will know what I’m talking about. So does Holdsworth for that matter. Lots of fusion type stuff.

Well, I’m pooped for now, but I’ll be back soon, same bat time, same bat channel with another installment of a Laurie Is Focused production of GUITAAAARRRRRRR FAVORITES!!!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

A band I saw several times live. Jimmy Marr was a great guitarist

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content