login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Do/Did you Eat a Pre-breakfast?

thread from 2010... love the interaction...

looking forward for more of that(:

love,selfcare

from 2010 & thread still alive and well(:

Every morning I get up i eat an organic apple. It’s rare I start with anything else..sometimes a grapefruit.

Than a bit later ..I prepare and eat my morning meal of breakfast.

What is your pre-breakfast starter?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I force myself into eating breakfast, let alone pre-breakfast :-D

…what a wonderful world….

Breakfast – now there is a good resolution!! :) Eat it!! :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I had a tuna salad on rye with lots of onion and a chaser of heartburn. It just sounded good at the time.:) Jan

oops! that was breakfast! I guess prebreakfast was coffee, water and a bizillion vitamins and meds. I wish I could do your apple idea. It sounds great and I should try it. An apple is usually pretty filling and healthy but I must be up drink coffee and sit and stare for a while before I eat anything.:0 Jan

When I get up every morning I meditate … food for the soul, at this time of the day, is the most important for me.
Then I will eat breakfast :-)

thank you all for being such good examples ,i have a bad habit that i have done for years and want to stop .I always wake very early – about 6 am and come down ,let dogs out ,make a cuppa ,have my pills and go back to bed to read for an hour or so ,THEN i eat a lot of bisciuts and a kit kat ,it started as a comfort thing when i seperated frommy partner but its become a unhealthy habit as i have high cholesterol ,high blood pressure and need to lose weight .Also do the same at bedtime i have so many lovely ideas to do instead ,meditate ,write in journal,listen to relaxation c d s ,cross stitch ,but struggle to break this habit ,can any of you lovely folks help

it would be lovely to turn that froma sort of me time food binge into a spiritual me time .Also eat a proper breakfast ,i made porrige today for me and my son and its lovely and warming .I did stop the morning habit for a weekor so and felt a lot better mentally but then i start it again .I should stop eating in my bedroom and should stop buying the junk

Great ideas, now remove the shoulds(:

What you’re trying to do is easily accomplished..Just take a step at a time..look how far you’ve come..and see your goal of eating healthy, exercising, and being progressively more productive with your choices as Done…Accomplished..(:

One step at a time.

think of one habit you’d like to create.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

it is so hard to just post one ,i will go for writing in a journal each day

eating apples every morning in place of the junk food

I’m sorry if this is off the Pre-breakfast theme (I do stray at times), but I’d like to suggest that you can still return to your bedroom, but instead of the biscuits, you nourish your heart and spend time with your affirmations and vision board (if you do one) and meditate. You might not want a biscuit after that. How wonderful to have this opportunity each day to focus on these things. Energy follows focus. I borrowed this from someone somewhere and I just love it & use it a lot. Then, delicious, crunchy apple time. Love, Jan

hi Jan ,thank you for your idea ,it turms it into a lovely time ,i would like to start a vision board – how do you do yours .Then follow with a lovely healthy apple ,you folks are great ,love flowergirl

In response to flowergirl’s post:
vision boards and law of attraction etc

and you may find things on this vision board thread

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Well between our morning apples (or whatever we choose as a pre-breakfast) and morning routine, we are going to kick off this day with perfect beginnings creating our perfect day(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

as its 5.30 pm here now im looking forwards to going to bed in a few hours and wakng up to a perfect day ,an apple ,a journal ,a calm c dwhat a beautifull start to the day

Hi flowergirl! Vision boards assist in keeping your focus on those things you love, desire, or want to express gratitude for, pictures and or words which represent places you wish to be, things you want, inspiring quotes or your own thoughts/affirmations which are important to you. They are fun to put together and they can change over time as it suits you and your life situation. Some believe so strongly in vision boards that they say be careful what you put on them, take your time, be true to yourself and visually shout out what you want to see in your life. I hope this helps. Jan

hi i have had a lovely start to the day ,woke ealy ,made a brew and took an apple back upstairs with me .Started writing in my journal and got so into it the time flew past to 7 15 am .As i was making porrige for breakfast i had my morning apple ,as well as feeling proud of myself for not eating biscuits it also stopped the pain from ulcer which often hurts when i havent eaten ,Laurie do apples have magic in them ?

Re vision boards in a book i love called Simple Abundance Sarah Ban Breathnac suggests making an illustrated discovery journal where you stick in pictures from mags ,quotes ,anythingreally that appeals to you to help especially if you are a bit lost and not sure of your likes /dislikes .

This sounds like fun making vision boards and very theraputic .Perfevt weather for going through old magazines and cutting out .love flowergirl

hi ,second day of replacing biscuits with apple and it felt as hard as giving up smoking this morning ,i need to work on this one ,love flowergirl

First, water.. Then dates :-)

Oooh Aisha, that sounds really good. Just a couple dates Plus the apple and water, now a few almonds… Slowly savor each item & you’re “eatingmindful” of the abundant blessings of each day.

jancydat! you rockkkk! I’ll do that!

In response to flowergirl’s post:
Apples have magic?? lol Maybe(: They have wonderful benefits, and the absence of what isn’t good for you is a great combo! Great job..Go for it, Flowerchild!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Apples make me hungry. I’ve been enjoying a freshly squeezed orange when I wake. It adds a nice zing to start my day, feels like drinking sunshine :)

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Vivi exercises daily!‘s post:

A lovely vision(:

I think besides apples being and feeling healthy (for me)..and causing a little work (unlike oatmeal..or smooth drinks lol)..I enjoy the combo of satiation and hunger..that soon follows after it makes me full. I guess that’s why I call it a pre-breakfast..As soon as it wears off and wakes me up..I’m ready for some sort of protein..like a protein drink..or, almonds or a hard boiled egg.

These easy (but healthy) foods help me when I’m on the run for work or other must-activities.

And then a bit later..I fit in a dessert snack of delicious strawberries (if I didn’t add a bunch in my shake) …and continue to snack..throughout my day. I eat small meals which include protein..throughout the day..to keep my blood sugar nice and stabilized.

anyway that seems to be a bit of my “routine” (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I think for me before anything in the morning -

Is to have a wash and pray and the then have my breakfast.

Peace

In response to david’s post:
good things as a pre-breakfast, that’s for sure(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

i have found the perfect pre breakfast for me .Its called morning pages and the idea is you write 3 pages of whatever’s in your mind – anything at all just to getyour thoughts from whirling around your mind .As i wake and start the negative recording which i would have stopped with sugary foods ,i can replace it with this and then at the end each days pages write whichever affirmations feel right for that day .love flowergirl

In response to Aisha’s post:
A girl after my own heart!
The best pre-breakfast for kick starting your insides is a cup of hot water, with a squeeze of lemon and a dash on honey.
Have it an half an hour before you eat – say first thing before you get in the shower. Everything seems to work.

Plus I love dates and it also helps me keep the sugar cravings low. I eat them in the afternoon rather than the morning though. In fact I am eating them now for my ‘lunch’ (12.44) with some brazil nuts. My starter was….surprise surprise one of those magic apples we all love!!

A full and thankful heart..

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content