login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

β˜…how do i turn thought into action please

hi ,can anyone give me any advice or a push .Have recently come out of a long and very deep depression through positive thinking and complementary theapies.I’m now feeling so positive and awake – full of good intentions and affirmations but somehow forgotten how to get going .It feels like a switch i need to turn on but i cant find it.During dark days i struggled to do the minimum,care for pets ,washing ,cook tea ,cleanbathroom,wash up ,buy food loo rolls etc so my home is now in need of a good clutter clear and spring clean ,my bills and papers are all over the place in bags,drawers ,boxes ,want to start healthy eating but brain wont work out a meal plan and shopping list Aweek before christmas my eldest son who had the dining room as a bedroom moved back into younger brothers room so i could have it nice for christmas- his idea bless him -as our dining table is usually squashed in living room piled high with stuff .I really got moving – varnished floor ,coat of paint and put throws on chairs ,made gingham cushions ,everything was clean and shiny and homey ,now im letting it slide back into untidy and he would like dinig room back .Please can anyone help me find some motivation as i cant slip down into that black hole again ,Thanks for reading this and i will be gratefull for any help ,love flowergirl

Hi Flowergirl,
It sounds as though you’ve been getting quite a lot done already. While those tasks are important, they aren’t enriching your soul. It’s easy to fall into the trap of endlessly doing chores. This is where you can start to mistake motion for progress. Progress will come from taking a risk – going a little beyond your comfort zone. You probably know a few things that you want to do: write, paint, learn Swahili, etc. But you don’t seem to have time for them; and they aren’t the kind of things you should be doing anyhow…. But they are precisely what you should do. They will feed your soul.

Depression is a thick fog that permeates everything. Doing your chores is a vital step towards gaining control and working yourself out of the fog. You may find that bits of the fog will always be there, and that’s ok. But designate less time for the chores and set aside a little time for your soul building project. It’s easy to say, but hard to do. It is so easy to not do something for yourself. I’ve gotta do this, I’ve gotta do that… those things will always be there – whether you attend to them now or not. Designate an hour to write that poem, paint that flower; then do it. It’s scary to start but you will feel fantastic for a long time afterward.

STOP……….create a plan, document the plan so you can refer back to it. It will help to keep you on track. set up a daily routine to take care of the base line chores, then add something in that you want to create. Do not expect to get it all done in one day. Take time out to stop and think, plan, create. CREATE a plan, setting goals and working towards them can be very satisfying experience and you will forget that you were ever depressed.

In response to MINDFULL2010’s post:
In response to whit’s post:
In response to flowergirl’s post:
Mindfull and whit both said great things(:

I believe its a balance of things that can help..
First applaud all of your accomplishments..Sounds like there are more things/areas than you have given yourself credit for(:

Speak to that inner little flower child (: inside. I bet you’re a wonderful mom..Use some of that love and caring to nurture your child-within(:

Next like Mindfull2010 says create a plan..and while creating listen to some good “goal people audios” like Brian Tracy or Anthony Robbins. If you need some titles I’ll share ones I’ve enjoyed.

And like Whit said, keep your creative side happy..Like the things you said you were going to start making that were also affirming you.

I think/feel you are a lovely person. You’ve inspired me..

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi Flowergirl,

I know how hard it can be to get the motivation needed to get it all done. First don’t put more on your plate then you can handle in one day.
Next, have you ever heard of Meridian Tapping. this is one of the fastest ways I know to open up your energies and really accomplish a lot. It only takes a couple of minutes any time you are feeling bogged down. Here is a video that shows you some of the tapping methods and if you are interested and it seems to help just let me know and I will get you more specific videos to help your particular block.

EFT Techniques

Managing Sadness

Manging Stress

If you have any problems with these videos Google “expertvillage” or her name Jordan Savage

The results are amazing and I know you will see how easy this is to use.

Best for you always,
Roxanne

“Basics”:

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

THANKYOU ALL SO MUCH ,you are all so helpfullon here ,i wasnt sure if i should ask for helpwith this but im so glad i did .
whit your post is so understanding ,i have felt as though i had lost my soul and spirit – i was a body going through the motions and knew if i could take a first step i could move into a a new emotionally /spiritually fulfilling life .Have so many creative things i would love to do but i suppose i feel lazy in a way as i have done so little for so long ( made about 10 crochet blankets as i do that when im sat down )I suppose its that kind of thinking that says -i will start to live my authentic life when a) ive lost weight b) got my house sorted etc instead of deciding from this moment im going tolive the life thats calling me ,train and work as a healer in some capacity ,write self help books ,live in the countryside ,make lots of homesyle things ,samplers ,collages ,decoupage,stencils,cross stitch affirmations make my garden a special place .Its like being on a see saw i have climbed from the bottom to the middle and instead of saying “im stuck “ im saying
“ i move forwards into a new life honouring my soul every day “
thank you so much whit for opening my eyes ,love flowergirl

hi mindfull,what a lovely name ,thank you for your inspiring post.Ilove the idea of a plan as i have lost some kind of structureto my days which will help keep my mood up .Prior to this io would have put ,clear out whole house,clean from top to bottom ,lose 2 stone ,do a degree ,move house and expected myself to do it all at the same time then called myself useless,lazy etc when i didnt manage it – what terrible affirmations i have told myself .
My freind suggested writing things on those little stick on notes and im going to put them near the kettle so each time i have a brew i do one thing ,its easy to do one isnt it not like my previous thinking .Your post reminded me of when my kids were small,did my jobs happily and easily in the morning and the aftenoons were fun time ,walks ,painting ,baking ,crafts ,trips out to feed ducks ,go to charity shop ,visit freinds .
Our home was a good place to be because i took a pride in it and loved it ,it was easy to care for because it was done little and often .Please dont think im a fussy housewife i just like it homely and comfortable but i have been going out to avoid this house, now thank to your help i will create a plan today ,the feeling of takingpositive action is good ,love flowergirl

hi Laurie,thank you for a lovely post , i love what you wrote about the inner little flower child what a beautifull waytolook inside ,i think i have a louise hay c d about loving the inner child ,i will find it today and listen to it .Asked my freind what i was good at as its hard to see yourself – these are her words
wondefull mum who always has time for her kids
best freind who is totally there for my freinds
earth mother that makes a house a home
very patient,kind ,caring ,spiritual,the one peson i trust 100% with my babies ,my problems and my life
Very strong to have coped as a single mum in a rough area and brought up 3 wondefull kids .Coping with daughters anorexia and visiting her by trains and buses every day for her 5 months in a unit 2 hours away
Given up smoking and excess drinking completely years ago through my inner strengh .
Wonderfull scouse ( liverpool ) sense of humour
looking at that list i can see what others see ,why do we look at the things we dislike about ourselves so much ,im really going to listen to my self talk .thank you again you are all so kind ,love flowergirl

hi rockswealth and thanks so much for replying ,i have heard of eft ,looked up videos but our p c has no sound at all ( its a bit worn out ) so its hard to undestand it ,going on google in a minuite like you suggested and will look in our library on monday ,is it anything similar to chakra cleansing .Iwould love to know more about it ,and thanks again for your kindness ,im so lucky to have such a lovely circle of new freinds ,love flowergirl

hi ,rockswelth , ilooked up jordan savage but without sound cant really understand them ,my sons going to try to get us another moniter ,till then i will look in library ,thanks again

Hello Flowergirl:)
Your line “It feels like a switch i need to turn on but i cant find it” reminded me of how I used to feel once upon a time.Almost like Ferrari, ready to roar out and conquer the world, yet sitting in the garage for no reason at all..
It’s only when I took up physical activities, like jogging, and cycling, i found my energies perking up day by day and my confidence level grew simultaneously. It was like I had found the ignition key to the Ferrari

Hope your switch is same as mine

In response to egghead’s post:
Egghead..nothing like being physical active to rock your world for the better!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

hi egghead ,im so glad you understand as its hard to describe ,its like theres this spiritual ,peaceful,focused person inside but she is so fuzzy and feels trapped .Will try becomming more active when snow has gone but can increase walks now .Thanks for your reply ,love flowergirl

It sounds like you are describing what you see for yourself.

If you went to a banker for a loan for a business..you have to have a vision that you have a passion for. You first sell yourself on it, and then you have to sell the banker(: In this analogy your life or what you say you want is your business…and the banker isn’t even in the picture yet..You have to create a blueprint of what you want, and get excited..that is your business..the business of living and creating your wonderful life!

~Create excitement and your visual-dreams will start moving in and out of everything that is potentially yours..

~The more you see that you can have just about anything you begin to envision with passion—> that WILL/IS being created into plans as you take in any idea you agree with..it just gets better better better

~..and sometimes mere synchronicity (sp?) of life on lifes’ terms..that you didn’t know you could have..but has been just waiting for you to show up(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

thanks laurie ,in her book Simple Abundance, Sarah ban Breathnac suggests making an illustrated discovery journal where you make collages with pictures, quotes ,anything that you like really and i have loads of magazines saved for this purpose .You can do them for specific ideas – home decorating ideas – fashion- or just random to find out what your soul loves .Mine will feature cottages ,english gardens ,angels ,animals ,crafts,and an affirmation to put the life and energy into it .
“my dreams and wishes become my reality “
Without energy an affirmation is just words isn’t it but putting passion,enthusiasm hope into it brings it to life .love flowergirl

Flowergirl, I could have written that very same post for help a few years ago. I had lost everything that I had identified with as “me”. My life was spinning out of control.

You sound like you are on the right track. You are doing many of the right things. Read, read, read!! :) Get very clear with yourself on the direction you want to take your life.

If you feel bad about things in your life, step outside your boundaries and help someone in need. Little things count. Strike up a conversation with someone who looks lonely. Work in a soup kitchen for a couple of hours. Something that puts your problems in perspective…

Absolutely declutter your life. You cannot bring the good energy into your life until you get the dead energy OUT!! It sounds a little hokey, but I swear by it. Even when there has been bickering in my house, I’ll clean it up and burn some yummy sniffies (candles or incense) and it seems to clear away the yuckies.

Check out Carol Adrienne. She has a wonderful book called “The Purpose of Your Life.” That is a great read to find direction.

Big HUGS to you Flowergirl. I’m so proud of you reaching out and progressing. May your life be blessed with many wonderful experiences and people.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
That book sounds interesting MM(: I’ll just have to check it out(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

hi meditatingmama thanks for your post and becoming a freind .I have ordered the book you recomend from amazon – only 1p + Β£2.75 delivery so thats less than Β£3 .I have 3 big bookshelves full and used to read a lot ,got into the habit of spending hours on p c or watching t v .I agree with you about the clutter ,tidied 2 rooms i have decluttered ( diningand living rooms )in about 30 minuites yesterday and polished and brushed floors and it felt so good to enjoy doing it and being in the room .We have double doors between dining /living room which i love open as it feels airy but when son had this room as a bedroom they where shut and the living room became like the physical state of my mind – closed in ,too much stuff in it and very depressing and as he gets up at dinner time i was sitting around being quiet .It might sound silly but i dread him having it back as i dont want to feel like that again and its lovely having a dining room to eat in ,table to write,craft at .Table does firin living room and now i have declutteed it would not be as bad but i think when you have been very low the area you spent most of your time in can hold the memories – does this sound silly .I love incense and candles as well as aromatherapy oils ,have bergamot in burner .We have had a lot of sad times ,kids dad died ,my daughter was hours away from being sectioned due to anorexia,spent 5 months in a unit and although shes been home 18 months is not far from that stage again ,and my beloved mum died last year ,i feel at peace now over mumand kids dad ,they are at the other end of a rainbpow and their love is still with me .We dont like this area as its rough ,a lot of drug dealers etc but i have decided to stop hating it and declutter ,clean and care for our home and affirm we will move ,if i put positive energy into caring for this home the universe is morelikely to help me find a home in a peacefull,happy community .
I was helping at a childrens hospice each week doing the ironing but had to get off the bus a few times as i was so weepy ,i have put my name doen to help in their chaity shop ( it was the depression not the hospice that startedthe tears .they had been pushed down to long and needed to come up to heal.Thank you so much for your kind words ,sory to ramble on so long ,it feels good to be stepping into a new stage in my life ,love flowergirl

Every time you write, I hear a remarkable woman. Grief is no easy thing..and not something that should be strict and controlled.. You keep taking the best step forward in all of your circumstances, AND you are aware of your feelings. You are terrific!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
MM, you have been my biggest inspiration toward the ongoing spark/rationale for decluttering.

While I probably have a very long way to go to catch up to you, I do have a much greater grasp on keeping it as part of my routine and goals for the end result. So thank you.(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie, you are too kind to me!!

Flower, what an amazing thing. You get up each morning and put one foot in front of the other. So many things were thrown up against you!! God must have a lot of faith in you to put these things in your path. What an honor – and you are shining each step of the way. I am so proud to have met such a strong woman. Wow!!

I can just feel you taking each ray of light that shines your way – and I see you reflecting it back to the world… magnified many times over. You are such an inspiration to me. Keep it up!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

hi Laurie and meditatingmama ,gosh thank you for being so kind ,after i posted i felt as though i was going on about my troubles ,now through your eyes im trying to see myself differently as you see someone i dont .Im used to telling myself im lazy,useless,failing ,a mess not acheiving much and when i read your posts they felt like a big hug .You are all so inspiring to me and to hear that i can inspire you folks has given me such a good feeling .I do believe life is like a school and we can learn from our experiences in our heads and in our hearts or we can think poor me .Iknow my things have taught me life is a gift and every day really is the present and my heart is telling me i need to believe in myself to give life to my affirmations .I love being up for the sunrise and it feels like the universe /god is sending me love ,hope joy and energy for each day .

Laurie ,im caring for that little flower child inside me ,treated her yesterday to some forever freinds post it notes ( in a sale so same price as plain ones i had already bought which i will give away ),these are for putting to do jobs on and sticking by kettle and each time i do one i reward myself with a brew ,they are so cute and will use a pink pen .Also went for a walk in the nearby woods with my eldest son and our spaniel Sweep as the sun was setting and we slipped all over the place in the snow but it was beautifull -so peaceful ,if we walka mile one way we are in the middle of the woods ,if we go the other we arein the town which is rough ,noisy not very nice place to be .Like someone with me in the woods and he took lots of photos and is going to print them off so i can frame a couple ,much nicer than buying them as these will have the happy feelings with them .

meditatingmama i love that line – you get up each morning and put one foot in front of the other ,that is a mamoth achievement if you are the depths of depression and you helped me see “ yes !!!! i have done that every day of my life ,i havent failed ,i have suceeded .Im 53 now and to share Louise Hays words on entering her 80th year “ this is going to be my best decade yet “Its time for this flowergirl to believe she can bloom

affirmation for today” The golden opportunity you are seeking is yourself “,thank you both again and have a wonderful day ,love flowergirl

I LOVE LOUISE HAY!! I call her my “Grandma” because she is such a warm and loving matronly figure (I have lost my mother and grandmother while I was quite young and had no matronly figure growing up). She is a beautiful mentor to have in your life.

Big HUGS!! Keep on keeping on!!

hi meditatingmama,Louise is wonderfull isn’t she .I have been posting on a website called beat -its for people with eating disorders and carers ,i’m on there most days and am very worried about my daughter ,i was asking other mums advice and one of them always puts k o k o at the end of a post ,and when i come on here and read your post and there were the words keep on keeping on – wow Thank you for helping me feel its all connected and i pray the positivity on here will spread to my daughter ,lots oflove and a mumsy hug if you would like one ,flowergirl

great thread from 2010! would love to bring it into present!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

bumping this up

In response to flowergirl's post:

glad you did! good thread to keep current, enjoy and add to(:

related quotes I like:03e2ccf532186cc3aa353c8d9bb074a4--keep-going-live.jpg

bd1e8509e4ab2d18dfdc83b8aae150fc--morning-motivation-monday-motivation.jpg

b85fa7ab5577fc838ac4b931537b3e7b--best-travel-quotes-inspirational-travel-quotes.jpg

Β 

Freedom is a condition

in which there is not the compulsion of attractions and repulsions,

but only action according to the innate law of one’s being.

N. Sri Ram

Β 

In response to flowergirl's post: thought you may appreciate this(:Image result for andrew weil health quotes

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to flowergirl's post:

This really is a wonderful discussion thread.

Looking forward to returning332fd0efe1369cb6597879a0e1613eab.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

How do I turn a thought into an action?

First I nurture my feelings of enjoying wherever I am, and then allow myself to see what it is I'd like to see change in that my actions would make a difference.

I enjoy knowing I have an element of control over my life, so I allow myself to feel good about things and allow myself pleasurable feelings about changing what I can

I allow myself the gift of faith and hope that all can be improved while finding ways to acknowledge and appreciate all that is ...

I believe appreciation energy can create thought into inspired action.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The calmer I am, and the more joyous desire I have for something -the more I move into that direction.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content