login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Rituals -New Years

What are your New Year’s rituals?

I heard that as soon as the New Year rings in alot of people do different rituals.Here are some I heard.Have you heard any of these? and do you have some of your own? Eat 12 grapes.Wear red.If you want to travel take a suit case and go around the neighborhood where you live.Ring bells.Open up the front door of your home to let the old year out and welcome the new year in.I did all of these I don’t know why?It was fun to do.Does anyone know the meaning of these? And have you done any of these?

Wearing red underwear and eating grapes is a spanish tradition. The 12 grapes are 1 grape for each month, maybe to make a wish for each. The red underwear is for love.
I have done this a couple of times, just because it is fun.

There is a persian new year ritual (persian new year is on March 21st, begining of spring): After the change of the year, one person goes out once around the block and comes back and rings the bell. People inside ask who it is and what he/she brings before letting him/her in. The person answers with: This is the new day, I am bringing health, happiness, peace, love, wealth …..

In response to cuqui’s post: I had never heard of opening the door on jan 1st, I’ld be interested to know where this is practiced. I love rituals.

…what a wonderful world….

The persian new year ritual sounds so nice. These rituals are tools which help us visualize and affirm that which we desire aren’t they?
Curious—- were the grapes in the underwear? Naughty Jan

In response to jancydat’s post:
LOL LOL LOL

…what a wonderful world….

In england when it is 12 o clock the person with the darkest hair knocks on the frontdoor and brings in the new year .Its usually a man and he brings a piece of coal ( for warmth ) a slice of bread (for food ) and a drink to toast eveyone with ( usually alcohol ) When we were little the same person would go in all the houses in the street ,it was lovely and everyone would come outside and sing Auld Lang Sine and wish each other a happy new year .

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content