login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

- -★★The Power of Music|Soul Food 11th Edition

the-power-of-music-genevieve-esson.jpg

Music-is-a-moral-law.-It-gives-soul-to-the-universe-wings-to-the-mind-flight-to-the-imagination-and-charm-and-gaiety-to-life-and-to-everything3.jpg

"Music expresses in an exceedingly universal language, in a homogeneous material, that is, in mere tones, and with the greatest distinctness and truth, the inner being, the in-itself, of the world, which we think of under the concept of will, according to its most distinct manifestation." Arthur Schopenhauer
 You are probably asking the question, "What does Music have to do with nurturing the spirit?  Actually, everything, music plays an integral part in our daily lives from the subliminal commercial jingles that bombard us on the radio or television programs  to musical selections performed by a church choir. Music is everywhere,  it engulfs us. 

Some of us use music to get revved up, to set the tone in preparation for the day.  Others may use it as a source of relaxation or to create, enhance or even alter  a particular mood.  A quote by William Congreve  demonstrates how music can be used as a calming influence, "Musick has Charms to soothe a savage. "

Music has such extraordinary powers it would be an understatement to refer to it as "magical". It has the ability to communicate without words, the power to  speak to the very essence of who you are, commune with the Soul. Music is often used  as a source of entertainment,  pleasure and enjoyment can be derived from it.  It can also be used as a form of expression or escapism. 

Music has played a  significant part in my life. Among his many talents, my dear father Doris was  a percussionist. My beloved mother Nancee, a talented pianist, she  had a penchant  for  jazz,  the sounds of John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley, Nancy Wilson and others would permeate our home.  There was  music to clean by, sing with or simply enjoy. My grandmother "Mother Dear" gravitated towards  blues  and country western. I can recall waking up to B.B. King, Muddy Waters, Brook Benton and Charley Pride to name a few when spending the night at house.  On Saturday nights Lawrence Welk was a welcome guest along with Bing Crosby, Andy Williams or Mitch Miller.  She would often whistle while gardening or working around the house.  Aunt Nina watched American Bandstand with Dick Clark and listened to  Chuck Berry, Jackie Wilson, The Platters  Ray Charles and the Drifters to name a few.  In the Summer we attended The Muny Opera.  Family outings often included attending musical productions  such as Brigadoon, Carousel and of course The Sound of Music.  I am sharing to give  a composite of how the diversity of my musical repertoire  developed. 

As a result of my upbringing and background, I have a profound respect and appreciation for Music. Listening/enjoying music is one of my all time favorite activities. It  speaks to my very essence and sets my spirit free.  My musical tastes cross all  genres, like a sumptuous menu, from classical selections like Beethoven, Bach. Mozart or rock the Rolling Stones, John Bonjovi, Elton John,  Billy Joel. If you are feeling laid back and relaxed,  there are smooth jazz tunes that may appeal to you like. Stanley Clark, Kirk Whalen, Marian Meadows, etc.  Music has the ability to make a smile form across your lips, its stirs up joy inside of you like when Dorothy Dandridge sings "I've Got Rhythm.

www.youtube.com
Dorothy Dandridge - I Got Rhythm

music-quote.gif

MUSIC SOOTHES THE SOUL/PSYCHOLOGY TODAY  
MUSIC REALLY DOES SOOTH THE SOUL & SO MUCH MORE

Scientific studies substantiate/document the health benefits of music relative to your spiritual, physical and mental well being. However we don't need actual studies or statistics to document the positive effect it can have.  Consider for a moment how music impacts you In your daily life. I know you often sing along to a favorite song on the radio while driving. Do you notice how it makes you feel good? When my grandsons come to visit, we often sing in the car together. I smile at the look of surprise on their faces as they discover "CoCo" knows all the words. Making memories while sharing our love of music brings us all such joy. 

Both of my sons are percussionists following in the footsteps of their "Granpa Doris". They learned their craft at The Symphony Music School and also participated in the Phaze Drum and Bugle Corp.  OMG I can remember being in the hot son watching my babies as they performed in what seemed like an endless number of parades. There is a distinct correlation between scholastic achievement and music relative to students who play a musical instrument.  Students who play musical instruments develop a skillset that serves them well in the arena of education and in life.  As a direct result students  learn self discipline, they are more focused, develop better thinking and listening skills, time management skills, creative abilities and personal expression.  My youngest grandson is following in his Dad's foot steps, he is taking up the flute and of course drums.  It is true what they say "it's in the blood".

When you are  feeling "out of sorts or filled with anxiety, Music has a great way of totally altering your mood. In a  profound and enjoyable way has the capability to emphatically  chase your "blues away and brings out the happiness in you to the point where it is radiating, just shining through and through.

When Music is incorporated  into spiritual practices such as a form of Worship or Meditation the overall process is deeply enhanced. It increases the depth of your focus,  your enlightenment and intensifies the overall experience, you tap into your spirit.  I imagine that is why it is said Music has the  ability to speak to depth of your  soul. 

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/17/16239/music-is-the-medicine-of-the-mind-quote-1.jpg
music-is-the-medicine-of-the-mind-quote-1.jpg

Music is the magical new miracle drug. It  is cost effective and has the overall ability to promote healing in the physical body. Music is now being incorporated into various forms of  treatment plans.   Some Oncologists  prescribe the combination of Music Therapy with Chemotherapy for Cancer Patients. The inclusion of Music Therapy  makes the patient "feel better" making them more receptive to the process increasing healing. The individual is being  treated as a whole, body, mind and spirit.  

Relaxation Music has been introduced into the treatment plan for Hemodialysis patients. Individuals can experience anxiety, depression and discomfort  with the process. The inclusion of music assists with reducing stress, anxiety, depression and discomfort. Overall the treatment is more effective and the patient is relaxed and more receptive to undergoing treatment. 

www.ascendedmasteranswers.com
Music to enhance your spiritual growth TOPICS: Ancient cultures had deeper understanding of music - scientific studies - your energy field is affected by music - your ...

MUSIC & HEALTH  The power of music: how it can benefit health

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/302903.php

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/music-as-medicine-has-huge-potential-study-suggests-1.1359045

www.cbc.ca
Music boosts the body's immune system and is more effective than prescription drugs in reducing anxiety before a surgery, a research review from two psychologists at ...

a-woman-listening-to-music.jpg
www.medicalnewstoday.com
Music has the power to trigger a range of emotions, but increasingly, researchers have suggested it can also offer some amazing health benefits. We investigate.

Depositphotos_4775846_XS.jpg

8e345484467e3011034bd245c7478c91.jpg

www.youtube.com
He Lives On: Story About The Last Journey Of A Warrior - Stanley Clark. Heard this song in 1978 and could only use my imagination. It's not the most spectacu...

I have provided some resources for your review relative to the "Power of Music" along with some selections from my extensive repertoire for your enjoyment.

Duke Ellington eloquently stated "Music is My Mistress", well in this case, "Music is my Muse"  It is like the air that I breathe it is such an amazing and integral part of my life. When you think about it, I am sure we are  in  agreement.

Please take a moment and share What does Music Mean to you?

What types of Music Do you Enjoy and Why?

Do you have any rituals that include Music?

Do you incorporate Music with Meditation or Worship?

www.youtube.com
Birds flying high you know how I feel Sun in the sky you know how I feel Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel (refrain:)x2 It's a new dawn It's a new day It's a ...

www.youtube.com
Piano Concerto No. 21 - Andante "Elvira Madigan

Image result for love it button pic

Nancee, so looking forward another beautiful creation. I'm bookmarking this for me, because your threads are part of doing what I will love to do-list(: Thank you, it looks beautiful... Want to go through it all!

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

1. Please take a moment and share What does Music Mean to you? In my realm, Music is synonymous with Life, the very air I breathe. It is interwoven in the threads of my very being. I hear Music constantly, from the pattern in which someone speaks, the rustle of the leaves blowing in the wind, there seems to constantly be some type of musical sound that reverberates.  For me it is affirming that life abounds through the melodious sounds it generates.

Image result for happiness gif

I've been listening to music all night! Still going at 5 minutes to 2 am. 

There’s no such thing as fiction. Our experiences are constructed within our own imagination. What we believe iz possible iz what we’ll experience. The life we’re living now iz only imagined in some of the minds of other infinite parallel versions of you.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Happy 150th Canada

you guys rock.

tumblr_mlixz74sBU1s3435to1_500.gif

the-power-of-music-7-638.jpg?cb=1431825259

2fd112d16c10ce76c1d86a48838a349f.jpg

500x500.jpg

tumblr_n2p6j9IHnm1qhg6i3o1_500.gif

d210f346358651.58514895c3a6c.gif

Music+quote+by+Confucius.jpg

Tbone-ani.gif

sax.gif

31dca27255b8f617ee144d21a8bd62c9.jpg

MUS400MusicIsTheUniversalLanguage.jpg

musical-notes-animation.gif

th?id=OIP.0F1BvuzROU2EqpPRtSmHegHaFq

Freedom

I picture something, it’s beautiful 
It’s full of life, and it is all blue 
I’ve seen the sunset on the beach, yeah 
It makes me feel calm 
When I’m calm, I feel good

And when I feel good, I sing 
And the joy it brings makes me feel good 
And the joy it brings

Come on along 
I know you really wanna feel our song 
We’ve got some life to bring 
We’ve got some joy in this thing 
(x2)

I see birds fly across the sky 
And everyone’s heart flies together 
Food is frying and people smiling 
Like there is no other way to feel good

And the joy it brings makes me feel good 
Cos when I feel good, I sing 
Of the joy it brings

Come on along 
I know you really wanna feel our song 
We’ve got some life to bring 
We’ve got some joy in this thing 
(x2)

It brings me freedom 
Got to get you some of that freedom 
It’s a freedom

Singing freedom 
You deserve your freedom 
It’s a smile you can feel in your heart beat

Get you (7x) that freedom

In response to Nancee1953's post:

Nancee what an awesome thread this is!

I am looking forward to reading it better this eve. I just wanted to thank you again for creating it & being marvelous you(:

In response to serenity lake's's post:  and what a great remake of this song... Loved this in 1970 I think it was... wen Dionne Warwick sang it

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

imagesCANKXOYI.jpg

Whatsapp2BEnglish2BMusic2B6.jpg

beb7383a5dcfd8f56f3b1227a03581cc--lost-quotes-lyric-quotes.jpg

imagesCANKXOYI.jpg

not sure which brings me more joy

f67699951b31babd20073b11a1494340--music-quotes-music-lyrics.jpg

OR

9b168ee323b298596041dc598f9b52ed--music-notes-music-music.jpg

imagesCANKXOYI.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

In response to Serenity Bay's post:

great song! 
how healing it is to hear ‘ feels good even missing you’

https://youtu.be/gPPzWqAaV88

https://youtu.be/zDylgpGHcic

In response to Stillness's post:

A legend

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Speaking of legends, the best country & western has to offer.

https://youtu.be/J8hjEYTpwE8

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content