login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★★The Path Of The Empath

I thought I would start a little thread for empaths. I'm undecided if I want to include this into the series as of right now but I wanted to create a thread for empaths and possibly communicate with others. 

I realized a new desire tonight too. I will write an empowerment guide for empaths like myself. I see more resources written for the introvert empaths which iz understandable there seems to be a lot more of them than some that are more of an extrovert than an introvert. I'm a bit of both but more of an extrovert needing my alone time to recharge and get aligned. 

With all that I've learned in my life especially spending 24 years on my darkside trying to repress and resist my sensitive side it has given me something of great value. I highly value it and I'm sure many others will value it too when I put it all in writing but why wait to write a book when I'm here now? I already have one book in mind that I will start with first and I also want to start on a children's series so the empath empowerment guide will have to wait anyway. With other empaths sharing I'm sure that too would help me to figure out what else I may want to include in that book. 

With that said, hi I'm iZUHM, I choose to be born an empath!

So who's my twin flame I get asked. I don't know. I only know the energy I feel and the thoughts I get, and it's tricky because I feel a lot of peoples energy. I've made the mistake of thinking it was someone when it wasn't. A true TF would at least know they are a TF and figure out about how to work with it. But they're out there, I know it, I FEEL it, and we NEED more TF love in this world:

There’s no such thing as fiction. Our experiences are constructed within our own imagination. What we believe iz possible iz what we’ll experience. The life we’re living now iz only imagined in some of the minds of other infinite parallel versions of you.

Transcend - parkstepp: Reeseinpieces:

There’s no such thing as fiction. Our experiences are constructed within our own imagination. What we believe iz possible iz what we’ll experience. The life we’re living now iz only imagined in some of the minds of other infinite parallel versions of you.

Signs Your An Extroverted Empath

The vast majority of empaths would, when asked, probably label themselves as introvert or with introverted tendencies. There are, however, a significant minority of empaths and highly sensitive individuals who are very much extroverts.

You may not have thought about yourself in these terms before, but if you can identify with most of the following points, there is a good chance you are an extroverted empath.

1. You Feel Alive Around Others, But Mostly In Small Groups

As an extrovert, you thoroughly enjoy spending time with other people and you can easily while away the hours in the company of friends. It doesn’t matter whether you are venturing into the wilds of nature, getting a bite to eat, or playing some sport, you just love to be among others.

You do, however, prefer to keep the group size fairly small when meeting up with people because you find it so much easier to cope with. Your extroversion and your abilities as an empath both mean you soak up the energy of those around you and it’s important to you to keep these balanced. Too many distinct energies and it’s a bit like adding more and more ingredients to a cocktail – eventually it ends up as an unpalatable mess.

2. You Are Very Choosy About Who You Spend Time With

As much as you enjoy being in the company of others, you won’t just settle for any old person. After all, you are an empath and this makes you very sensitive to the vibrations given off by others.

If you have a choice between being in the company of someone with negative energy and being alone, you’d take the solitary road every time. You are happy to meet new people, but if it soon becomes clear that they are giving off a vibe that doesn’t harmonize with your own, you find an excuse to leave.

3. You Are Very Choosy About What You Spend Time Doing

While your standard extrovert might be happy to go along with others in whatever activity has been suggested, the empath inside of you finds it hard to get enthused by things you have no interest in.

It feels inauthentic to partake in something that you’d prefer not to do, and so you are more than happy to turn down an invitation if it doesn’t float your boat. This doesn’t mean you are demanding and inflexible – you just know when and when not to say yes.

4. You Experience Swings Of Energy

An extroverted empath has to cope with a very interesting dilemma which can lead to sudden and extreme swings in energy levels. As an extrovert, you are able to replenish your batteries through contact with others, but as an empath, you also absorb energies from all around you.

While you can easily go days or even weeks in extrovert mode, there will almost always come a point where your battery becomes overcharged and you short circuit. Your enthusiasm and excitement for seeing other people almost instantaneously plummets as you struggle to absorb any more energy, and you withdraw into yourself.

For a while, your extroverted side goes on hiatus to allow your energy levels to even out once more. While you may only need to flee to your inner cave for a short period, it can sometimes be that you go on a mental vacation for a week or more. In this time, you almost fall off the radar as far as socializing goes.

5. You Like To Plan Events In Advance

As much as you enjoy getting out and about with other people, you also feel the need to plan such gatherings in advance. Even if it’s just a day or two’s notice, you like to be able to diarize and mentally prepare for the forthcoming festivities.

The reason for this is because you know how easy it is for your inner empath to become overwhelmed. Some situations will involve greater numbers of friends, others will mean exploring totally new places, and others, still, might mean meeting entirely new people.

All these things are potential dangers to an emapth, so you like to have forewarning in order to create a mental shield. This classic survival mechanism for an emapth is something you just naturally like to do.

6. You Need To Feel Free

Despite a preference for planning, you also like to have freedom of choice. This means that you find events with very rigid structures quite hard to deal with. You like things to evolve naturally over time and for the next step on the journey to be taken only when it feels right.

The way you reconcile this with your need to plan is by coming up with a rough idea that is far from set in stone. You may even just agree upon a starting point and then see where life takes you from there because, by this time, you will you have your shield up to deflect unwanted energies.

When travelling the world, for instance, you are more likely to book flights and a couple of day’s accommodation and then let a trip flow from there rather than go on a cruise with predetermined stopovers and excursions.

Because of this, you quite often assume a leadership role among your friends because you let your intuition guide you and, in turn, them.

7. You Have A Not-so-secret Creative Side

Empaths often harbor a highly creative flair within them, but their introverted side can hold them back from expressing it. You have no such problem, however, and feel at home on a stage or in front of an audience.

You might be an actor, an artist, an author or simply a showman; in each case, you are not afraid to gift your talents to the wider world.

You don’t shy away or keep your talents under wraps; you explore ways to further express yourself by seeking out opportunities to get involved in an active, artistic community. Open mic nights, poetry slams, interactive art exhibitions, amateur dramatics; you feel enthused by these scenes and others like them.

intuitive empath venn diagram

4 Signs You're An Intuitive Empath Not Just An Empath

It is often said and written that empaths are very intuitive people, and this is true for some, but there is nothing that says an empath must be intuitive, or that an intuitive must possess great empathy.

While the words are seen as interchangeable by some or intrinsically linked by others, it is very much the case that not all empaths are intuitives and not all intuitives are empaths.

In fact, the two abilities – empathy and intuition – are quite different in one important respect.

Empathy is, very generally speaking, the ability to sense and feel the emotions and energy of other people and your surroundings. It is almost entirely outward facing and concerned with things other than oneself.

Intuition, on the other hand, involves turning inward and consulting your unconscious mind and ‘gut feelings’ to assess and understand a situation. It certainly relies upon absorbing and processing the world around you, but the final element is very much internal.

Thus, the assumption that people endowed with highly levels of empathy are equally as blessed with intuition is misguided. They are distinct aspects of one’s personality and should not be merged into a single trait.

With this in mind, how can you be sure whether you are an intuitive empath, or some other type of empath? What marks one apart from the other?

Here are 4 signs that you are an empath with a high degree of intuition.

1. You Can Tell The Difference Between Your Feelings And Those Of Others

One of the major struggles facing many empaths is the assimilation of other people’s feelings into their own mind and body. The energy they absorb merges with their own and pollutes their inner river. They often become like those around them because they cannot tell what’s theirs and what’s not.

For instance, if they encounter angry people, they grow angrier; if they meet an anxious person, this feeds their own anxieties; and if they come across sadness in others, they become sad themselves.

It’s very different for an intuitive empath. They are so in-tune with their inner state that they are able to easily differentiate between it and anything they might soak up from their surroundings.

They are less influenced by the emotions of others. While they can still recognize and feel these emotions, the impact upon their own mental state is less noticeable than it is for other empaths.

They are better at creating a permeable, but controllable, barrier between their own feelings and those of others. They are able to let the two merge should they wish, but they can also keep them separate for the most part.

2. You Can See Beyond Feelings To The Reasons For Them

While empathy allows you to detect and embody the feelings of others, it cannot, by itself, tell you why they are feeling that way.

For non-intuitive types of empaths, this can be a source of great confusion because they end up feeling something that they can’t fully understand or explain.

One of the traits of an intuitive individual, however, is the ability to take a step back and view things from a broad perspective, and this allows them to identify the links – both direct and indirect – between cause and effect.

Intuitive empaths spot things that other empaths don’t; they let their unconscious reflect on what they see, and it provides them with insight into why a person may be feeling they way they are.

They don’t necessarily do this with any conscious intent; it is simply a natural instinct and skill that comes from having both empathy and intuition in abundance.

Sometimes an intuitive empath may even have a better understanding of a person’s feelings than the person does themselves. This is a major reason for the next sign.

3. You Help People Understand Their Own Feelings

If you’re an intuitive empath, there is a good chance that you’ve helped many people figure out what they are feeling and, more importantly, why they are feeling it.

You probably enjoy talking with others about their emotions, their thoughts, their dreams, and their worries. You just seem to be able to ‘get’ what it is they are telling you even if they can’t really put it into words.

Like most people, you have probably experienced the full spectrum of feelings during your lifetime and these are stored, along with the relevant context, deep within your unconscious. It is your intuitive ability to perceive and understand the signals sent by this part of your mind that prove so valuable in identifying why others feel a certain way.

You aren’t just able to put yourselves in their shoes from an emotional standpoint; you can grasp their rationale and the wider circumstances too. These help you to piece together a more detailed picture and give them potential reasons for their feelings.

4. You Are The Go-to Person For Advice And Counselling

With their abilities to understand and appreciate the feelings of others and their inclination towards taking a bird’s eye view of things, intuitive empaths make ideal counselors.

You are probably the person others turn to first when they are facing a problem and are unable to see a solution to it. Once you have spoken to them, felt what they feel, and understood why they feel that way, you have one last trick up your sleeve: your creativity.

Intuitives tend to be creative people and their knack for thinking outside of the box means they are exemplary problem-solvers. You are able to suggest various ways of approaching the situation and offer the pros and cons of each.

Where third parties are involved, you are also adept at stepping into their shoes so as to consider how they might respond to each given option – even if you have never met them and are simply going on what you’ve been told.

All of these things mean you are often called upon by friends and family members to lend an ear and provide advice. You become a confidant of sorts; someone that they can discuss anything with and someone they know will give a frank, but constructive response.

Image result for love it button pic

I am already knowing I am going to love this.(:

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

I must be an introverted intuitive empath. 😲 

iz there a cure for that? 

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to AlwaysWonderfulPossibilities's post:

That's because you always love wonderful possibilities...lol

In response to Poppy's post:

LoL!! Nope, you're just going to have to remain an awesome introverted intuitive empath! Well only if you want too. I think you're awesome just as you are.

Image result for The Most Powerful Type Of Empath: Heyoka

The Most Powerful Type Of Empath: Heyoka

Empaths are individuals that can be hard to relate to, but have shared emotion responses with others. They read into body language and special inflections, gleaning more information than the average person would gloss over.

In the modern world, apathy and sympathy reign supreme, as the average person tries be selective in the information they focus on.

We all have the biological hardware to feel what another person feels but we have to be open to the experience.

The acknowledgement of the feelings of others, requires a special sort of honesty with ourselves. Not everyone has a developed sense of empathy.

Those that do, have a special place in society as empaths. The most valued type of empathic archetypes is known as Heyoka.

A Native American term, Heyoka's are living emotional mirrors for those around them. The term means 'sacred clown' or 'fool'. They reveal our shortcomings and weaknesses. They show us our faults and add a way to develop these faults.

This disruption to our spiritual status quo should never be seen as a bad thing. They only mean to help those around them. If you leave a Heyoka feeling irritated and angry over a negative aspect of their personality (say their arrogance), realize that you are getting upset over them highlighting that formation in you.

Maybe you leave a Heyoka filled with a sense of love. They may be trying to convey to you the importance of self-love and acceptance. This 'mirroring', isn't always a conscious decision, but it's still a consistent theme in your interactions with them. They are trying to teach you how to open your eyes in a way.

This constant, unpredictable behavior may get under your skin. They seem to know what's bothering you even when you don't know, much less want to address it. They can't leave you blind to your pain though, so they will clue you into it without fail.

Don't run from the experience or push them away. They only want to help and your pain genuinely hurts them as well. Pay attention to your reflection and learn from it. Your Heyoka friend bothers you because of their cruel expression of humor.

Instead of getting upset over it, pay attention to the way your own humor is expressed and how it affects others. You are likely doing the same thing the Heyoka is doing but in ignorance.

Image may contain: night and text

Empaths are very familiar with their ability to absorb other people's energy but how many know their ability to also imprint and project your own joy into the world around you?

Many of us, at some point, will realize our desire to positively affect the world around us instead of accepting energy that does not serve anyone. Our emotions are to be used as guidance for us. Many of us get stuck in this idea that we must give more life to emotions. That's not it, we are to learn from what the emotions are teaching us and teach others what we learn from them.

This iz the shining of our light into the physical universe. This iz a big part of what we came here to do. To help bring the world into a higher vibrational frequency.

Once you realize this desire within yourself you will do less absorbing and more projecting in order to raise the collective vibration of the planet. You will do more to help liberate people from low vibrational emotions and get them in tune with their emotional guidance system and they too will become a light where darkness still exists within others. You will help them find their way into the light of their joy, their light here and now, not in some future event after life. What's the point in the world remaining in darkness?

We didn't choose to spend our lives feeling other people's low vibrations, which does serve a purpose in letting us know the difference between low and high vibrations. It's not just a way of allowing some to work through their feelings they have become attached to. Some empaths will unknowingly affirm negative emotions in another which may have a person hold tighter to them recreating more of the same problems instead of releasing them while the empath also absorbs this negative energy then holds onto themselves instead of releasing it or transmuting the energy. How we can uplift the planet into a collective blissful state by holding onto stagnate energy or inspiring others to create more of the same? It's all a learning process if we allow it to be. 

The work we have come to do iz the bringing of Earth and Heaven into complete alignment so Earth can also be a conduit for the divine flow through into the universe. Earth will become the paradise that it actually already iz, but the collective frequency iz not yet a vibrational match for the vast majority to realize it's already here.

You are the light of the YOUniverse converting darkness into light on the physical level of consciousness! Move forward in your bliss, Empaths!

It's beautiful to be alone. To be alone does not mean to be lonely. It means the mind is not influenced or contaminated by society ~ Jiddu Krisnamurti

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

In response to iZUHM THA iNFiNiTE's post:

Interesting thread Mr INFiNiTE

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

It was great rereading this thread. I love energy topics...

And being the feeling bunch we are I am sure inspiring in our own personal ways.

Thanks SunnySide for bringing this thread current and iZ for creating this wonderful thread!

selfcare~

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content