login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Exercise Motivation

FITNESS VIDEO BY Member SUCCESS N FREEDOM

fitness1.jpg

A few links links below were posted by another member in the past:
How to Use Affirmations to Take Action Toward Goals
What is the difference between affirmations and goals? By now, you may think I’m confusing goals and affirmations. Perhaps. Goalfirmations? In truth, I treat them one in the same; I need to guide myself into believing the goal is possible so that I can move to action. Affirmations are my tool. If I break it down, here are the two primary purposes I use affirmations forto read more

Women’s Intense Gym Workout | Workout Motivation

Women’s Workout 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I find having a partner that you work out with is good! I find that it’s much harder to let someone else down than yourself. Especially on those early morning when your alarm goes off but it’s all too easy to turn over and go back to sleep.

I ride my bike to work Monday – Thursday, so it gives me about 30 minutes (round trip) excercise in addition to the racing around after the kids at work everyday. I agree with you Laurie hat being active is one of the most important things to do for yourself. It helps you mentally and physically and if you are the type of person to push yourself to the extreme, it can work spiritually too.

I find the easiest way to maintain motivation is to remove all obastacles that you can use as excuses to not do it. For me, riding is the only way to work – I don’t have a car, the bus costs unnecessary money, and walking takes twice as long. So even on days when I’m really not in the mood I have no excuse – if I don’t do it I won’t get to work on time, Simple.

Maybe an affirmation could be ….
Riding my bike is the only way I get to work.
Or something simliar for your circumstances

Hi Morgan and Melt86 and everyone else(:

Morgan-I couldn’t agree with you more about having a partner. I had a phenomenal friend/partner/trainer that I worked out with routinely for 4 yrs. He passed away a couple of yrs. ago.

What I had learned and experienced (with my health)during that time — goes beyond words. I felt phenomenal!

So I do know that type of training is the best. Working out reversed some health issues, and got me feeling better than I did 30 years ago. Our gym here will reopen in Jan.

In the meantime I have a treadmill, air bike, rebounder, weights, and resistance bands. I love to listen to good music or motivational tapes while running on the treadmill.

I’m just nowhere near what I used to do. I will build up to it, like I did when I 1st started.

Mel, I walk a bit around here. While the area is pretty here, it’s not what it used to be to be (safety-wise) walking alone, and there aren’t any good bike paths close by (that I know of). Though your thoughts are great. I will consider getting a bike and go to the park. I’ll start walking around here with a friend.

As far as affirmations—I get your point, Mel. I could say: working out 4x a week, with what I have available is the only way I’ll feel great!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I prefer to work out on my own. I have my own pace, which is slower than most others.

I like to run, because I can challenge myself to better times, longer distances and better running technique.

I do have motivation issues :) I’ve had a physical injury and I had to stop about a year ago. I’ve only recently started up again, my one affirmation is:

“I love to get out there and move my body around and have fun”

“I choose to do things that are healthy and positive for my body”

I don’t make time – as such – I just go when it’s dark, I go in the middle of the night and run around like a shadow :) Love the smells of summer in the air. Although, in winter here, I get sore lungs from breathing cold air… wonder what to do about that?!

Focus

Hi All,

I agree with you all. Exercise is great for the BODY and MIND. I am lucky my husband is great motivator and we enjoy bush walking, I have a group of gorgeous girlfriends and we walk every Thursday Morning and have done for the last three years for just over an hour in the bush, every Thursday night until recently we did Yoga. The last 6 months I have gone back to gym and have at last got myself a strong Gym partner and she is so inspirational. We have taken up boxing and I really love it. Besides having no sense of co ordination one of the classes we do leaves everyone in stitches and I have acquired at least 6 mentors in one class who tutor me though out the class the trainer laughs so much, but a thumbs up keeps me going. One of the trainers is a lovely guy called Don, gee he makes the classes so much fun.
So in my mind exercise kicks in all the endorphins and helps me mentally and my advise is to make it fun, the more fun you have the more you will want to get out there. Also I think all my girlfriends would agree its quality time that we spend with each other as well as the exersise, Thursday not one of the girls enjoy giving up we all look forward to it so much.

“…the thought manifests as the word; the word manifests as the deed;
the deed develops into habit;
and habit hardens into character,
so watch the thought and its ways with care,
and let it spring from love born out of concern for all beings…
as the shadow follows the body,
as we think, so we become…”

Love Life
Sue

a gym is opening right down the road from me soon! right now just been doing some rock climbing with lee :)

HI everyone, you are all soo right about what exercise can do for the mind and body spirit. It is a must for sure! You feel so great afterwards, knowing that you are getting toned, fit and healthly. Best of all is that it is YOU ARE LOVING YOUR BODY, that in it self is pleasurable.

Im a gym fanatic, I go 6 days a week, I do all the cardio classes such as Energiser, Everyone Flex, Step and Fusion and also do workouts with the weights as well. I cant get enough of the place. All the instructors are sooo neat, they really help you get motoravated and it is so much fun. The gym accommodates both genders, which makes it really neat, good to see the guys do the classes, we all encourage eachother.

4 of my children are at school and my youngest is at morning kindy 5 days a week, the minute she was transferred to morning from afternoon I joined the gym. I was doing alot of fitness at home around the kids which was great also, thou just been at the gym makes it more of a challenge and there is more equipment to use and more people to meet. Now I have the time for MY TIME and I totally love it.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

As much as I know affirmations are much about believing in things not quite seen yet); though, often seeing is believing too. I just had a tour of our gym here at the condo to open 2nd week of January. It has been closed so long since the big hurricane we had here. It is beautiful!!!Brand new and fantastic quality of everything! I was happy before with older equipment! This is fantastic!!!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Okay, I’ve finally gone and done it! Thanks a lot bmindful, I’ve decided to start getting healthy again!

Here’s a motivational pic for you guys! This is what five pounds of fat looks like! YUCK!!! Get that outta’ my system!!!

Imagine how much better you’re gonna’ feel when you lose just five lbs!!! What about 20 or 50 or 100. Whatever your goal just imagine how much better your body will function, what about the positive psychological impact getting in shape will have on your life!!! If you’re way out of shape and have been a couch potato for years, remember to take it in steps. You didn’t get out of shape overnight, you’re not gonna’ get back in shape over night. But it doesn’t have to be super hard either, take it in baby steps, but be consistent. I made a bunch of stuff for my vision board to help me out, you do the same. I’ll keep encouraging you guys and you keep encouraging me, okay?

Here’s a before and after pic of a guy who lost fifty pounds, obviously he did a lot of working out too, but talk about encouragement!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Laurie & Jeff~

I am here to cheer you on. I can remind you of the benefits of regular exercise, but you already know them. I think the best thing is to just decide to “do it”… and stay committed to yourself.

To be honest, I love the rush of the “feel good” chemicals that the brain produces each time I exert energy. It took awhile for that to happen – I had to work through the exhaustion. But, once you get it – it is hard to let it go. The body does reward you for taking care of it.

Here are my top ten (in no particular order) reasons for exercising – maybe you should remind yourself of your own…

1. I eat better when I exercise. Who wants all that to go to waste? (or in my case, waist!)

2. I sleep better at night… and I have lots of kids to keep up with during the day!!

3. I have more self esteem when I feel better about my body.

4. I have much, much more energy to deal with my daily issues.

5. I don’t experience the extreme ups and downs of moodiness when I keep a strict routine. It probably goes with the serotonin and dopamine releases during exercise.

6. I get to take time out of my day away from the business – away from the children – away from the husband (when I have one around) – and just take care of myself. It is nice, selfish ME time.

7. I feel more “in tune” with the universe- especially the days I do cardio, because I use the time to meditate on the elliptical or while running.

8. I get to spend quality time with my niece and my kids get to spend time with their cousins (in the Youth Activity Center – daycare – at the gym).

9. I know that I’m going to reward myself when I’m done in the sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi. …not to mention, I get to shower in a beautiful place with spa products provided.

10. LOOKING GOOD FEELS BETTER THAN ANYTHING TASTES!!!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Laurie, you are one of the most inspirational and encouraging people I know. I know you can achieve whatever goal you set for yourself. I’m walking every day, sometimes twice a day and I haven’t missed a day since I started. I know it has a lot to do with the efforts I’ve made in personal growth and the encouragement I’ve gotten from people here at bmindful. You personally have had a great deal to do with that. You can do it. Remember to take that first step. Focus on the first few seconds and your momentum will carry you forward. I know you can do it!!! You know you can do it too!!! Just do it!!! Do it!!! Do it!!! Think of how good you’re gonna’ feel! I have confidence in you!!!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Well done Jeff – exercise can become a really great habit, is 14 days the magic number to create a habit? I remind myself when I’m busy, even 20 minutes is better than nothing. The hardest part is usually getting the shoes on, once I’m there it’s great.

So I’ve been slack lately, today I celebrate 3 days in a row of good exercise. Getting back to a proper habit will be good for me. I already know in advance that I can’t make the gym tonight, husband is working, so I have planned to go walking with my kids instead. Don’t want to overdo it, bit sore after the last 3 days.

Exercise is so wonderful for the immune system, and creating strong bones for old age. Exercise keeps you young that’s for sure. I use time on the “boring treadmill” for saying affirmations to myself, and my favourite is to say how healthy and strong I am. Never never boring when we have our great minds to entertain us. And getting outdoors is wonderful to notice the beauty of life in unexpected places.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Congratulations on all of the positive and progressive changes toward a better better better “everything(:

& Thanks Jeff for all of your kind words. Your asking me regularly if I worked out today, has been so great!

Tonight my hubby and I made a 90 day deal to live life like body builders. There’s a mindset and feelings you get after you’ve been working out for about 3 mos. I just haven’t been very patient with myself, because I have had selective thinking remembering the process it takes to ‘get it goin’ on’ (:

So, tomorrow morning starts this mindset and the behaviors that follow. I’m telling you guys, because I’ve grown to trust how you will help with accountability.

My hubby’s schedule is quite different from mine, so exercise will rarely be done together->though in spirit we’ll be both be doing our best together (but on our own).

In response to meditatingmama’s post:

And I’m so proud of the strides you’ve made!!! I do know what working out does, because it literally had changed my life. I know I don’t look my age, but I’m into this for all of the benefits of putting my work outs as #1 priority. It is a time consuming agenda, though I’m ready.

I’ll let ya’ll know how it goes.

Thank you both for your encouragement and walking your talk as inspiration (huge heartfelt smiles)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

ya know MM, your personal list of the benefits of very regular exercise is a great idea to do regularly! Hmmm. Thanks(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

EXERCISE MOTIVATION

A funny bmindful member called me the Tiny Terminator. It made me want to look up Linda Hamilton arms. I found some good stuff. I’m going to use this post space to list them:

Body building Fun For Baby Boomers

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Great link Laurie.

I haven’t added weight training yet, but the key word there is YET. Here is an article I think some of you Tiny Terminators out there might like.

The Benefits of Weight Training
John Litchfield

Cardiovascular exercise on machines such as treadmills and exercise bikes burns more calories than lifting weights, so is it just a waste of gym time to add strength training to your workout?

The simple answer is no. Working your muscles as well as your heart and lungs can improve your health and help you drop a clothes size faster.

“I only exercise to lose weight and get thinner. I can burn far more calories doing light cardiovascular work than heavy lifting, shouldn’t I just stick to the treadmill?”

While cardiovascular exercise is a great way of burning the fat, adding a little strength training to your workouts will earn you extra calories every day. You’ll even be burning extra calories while you’re sleeping or sitting on the couch watching Eastenders.

Aerobic exercise may burn a few hundred extra calories for dinner, but for every additional pound of muscle you gain, your body burns around 50 extra calories every day of the week.

Research has shown that regular resistance training can increase your Basal Metabolic Rate by up to 15%. So for someone burning 2000 calories per day, that’s a potential 300 extra calories, more than a Mars bar, burned every single day.

Do not be disheartened if initially you seem to be staying at the same weight or gaining slightly.

Muscle weighs more per square inch than fat, so whilst your weight might not be dropping very quickly, your clothes are feeling baggier and you are seeing a healthier, slimmer and better toned you in the mirror. That’s far more important than anything those nasty scales have to say, any time.

“Is weight training right for women? I loved Terminator, but being 5ft6 and female I’m not sure Arnie’s muscles would suit me.”

Weight training is just as suitable for women as it is for men. Many women are wary of taking it up for fear that increased muscle means increased masculinity, this is not the case.

Testosterone is a very important factor in the development of muscle shape, so as women have very low levels of this hormone their muscles develop differently, meaning a little resistance training will not lead to a bulky, butch physique.

“I’m not getting any younger, shouldn’t I just stick to low resistance exercise to avoid injury?”

No in fact building a little extra muscle can actually reduce the risk of injury.

Strong muscles, tendons and ligaments are much more capable of withstanding stress, and the improved flexibility gained by strength training also reduces the likelihood of pulled muscles and back pain.

Weight training is an excellent way of combating several symptoms we all face as we get a little older.

Resistance exercise can reduce bone deterioration and build bone mass, preventing osteoporosis.

Working your muscles can also inhibit the affects of sarcopenia, the age related loss of muscle mass, strength and function. After the age of thirty there is a loss of 3-5% of muscle mass per decade, making day to day tasks gradually harder to perform and slowing down metabolism – increasing the risk of weight gain.

“How can weight training make me healthier?”

Recent research has shown that weight (or resistance) training can greatly reduce a number of health risks.

It has been proven to have a positive affect on insulin resistance, resting metabolism, blood pressure, body fat and gastrointestinal transit time, factors that are linked to illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer.

“Why am I still reading this and not starting my new stronger, fitter, healthier and happier life right now?”

Good point. Research shows that just two 15-20 minute sessions a week is enough to gain all the potential health benefits of strength training.

I’m not talking about lifting 100 kilos above your head or chest pressing the weight of a bus. Start slowly and work your way up. Even using tins of baked beans as makeshift dumbbells or using light ankle weights is a good start.

Over the course of your sessions, use exercises that work all the muscle groups and do 8-12 repetitions. Be sure to use a suitable weight so that the last rep really feels like hard work. Don’t overdo it and make sure that you leave a day or two to recover in between sessions. Muscles grow while resting, so pushing yourself as hard as you can seven days a week won’t do you any favours.

A little effort will reap big benefits.

You can feel healthier and look better, which in turn will make you feel better about yourself and the benefits can last for the rest of your life.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Wow!! All of you out there are so dedicated and motivating.
In continuation I wld like to share my personal experience where I tried losing some weight last year. I weighed 163 lbs and just by walking 8 kms everyday without fail for 7 months I came down to 145 lbs. And now I am stuck here. My weight is fluctuating from 146-143-146 lbs. I am 5’7” and I feel my ideal weight wld be 135 lbs. This last 10 lbs is tough. After reading Laurie’s post on being/thinking/workingout like a body builder for 90 days I am motivated. From 1 st July I will take up the challenge to eat and exercise like a person possessed. I plan to do weights for 20 mins and cardio for an hr.everyday!! Wish me luck and help me stay focussed!!!
Though I’ld like to run (my partner is a marathon runner) but I feel I am lacking the correct technique and stamina. Walking is like meditation for me I can do it for 10-12 kms non-stop.
I am sure I will be sharing my weight reduction success with you all on 30/9/09. Till then I’ll keep u all posted on my progress.
Bye and happy exercising!

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

In response to SONIA’s post:

Hi Sonia~ You need to give your body a break from weight lifting at least one day a week. Seven days a week may be an unrealistic expectation. I think 20 minutes at a time is good. Just make sure to give yourself a break for the same muscles and don’t work them every day. For example, Monday, work on Upper body muscles, then Tuesday, work on Lower body muscles. Make sure you give yourself some high quality protein after each workout session so your body has the fuel it needs to repair the muscles.

My advice (and take it for what it is, as I am definitely NOT an expert) is to pace yourself so that you do not burn out. It is better to do a few quality repetitions than dozens of ineffective ones.

If you attend a gym, I’d seek the advice of the personal trainers on staff. They will help you set up a routine that is right for you. Give them your goals and they will get you started. Most gyms offer that service for free. If you want them to stand next to you and work with you, that is where the cost comes in.

I have had a personal trainer for three months. It was well worth the cost. It was highly effective and productive. I promise you, with James standing next to me, I was able to do much more than if I were alone. The weights were heavier and the duration was longer. For me, I worked with a trainer twice a week and by myself for four days. This was what I budgeted for both energy and cost.

When I first started, I could barely make it jogging around the track once or twice. This was in April. In June, I raced in a 2-Mile Fitness race with over 900 racers. I came in 18th for my age group. While it wasn’t stellar, it was more than I even imagined. For me, just doing it was the hardest fear factor to overcome.

Anyway, I am behind you 100% girl!! Anytime anyone is making these wonderful lifestyle changes, I am motivated by them. Thank you for sharing your story. …and thank you for reminding me why I stick to my changes. You are awesome!!! Big HUGS!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to laurie-prioritizes~and focuses~ very~well’s post:
Since updating my name I really have been exercising every day. I have to keep this up too, as I just bought a gorgeous dress in a sale which is almost too tight, fits perfectly but if I don’t exercise it won’t. That’s some more motivation for me – I’m too cheap to need to go up a dress size!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Thanx soooooo… very much for the advice. I am sur I will make good use of it all.

u r so right weights evryday will not work.I am good with 3-4 kg free hand weights and I am very good with walking/treadmill/cross trainer. I can do 10 kms non stop!!

My stamina is building up and i need to work on my running (which i think i just can’t do well enough.)and on my weights!
Thanx for ur support.

I believe in exercising daily, if you are able to fit it in. Of course my choices will vary. Movement is Improvement!

I also believe in getting regular sunshine->real vitamin D.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

(wink) Be careful what you say, it can become true just because you say it!

“(which i think i just can’t do well enough.)”

I run gracefully and with excellent form. (affirmation)

Me, I need to eat my own dogfood (that means take my own advice)… hehehe

*Walk, Fatboy, Walk!”

Jeff’s Tips themadcookieman’s post:

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’m not sure where I got the following. I handwrote it once in my notebook for exercise motivation and didn’t write the source-> I think it’s from Dr. Mercola’s website. It helps me. I hope it does good things for you too. (:

Physical Benefits of Exercise
STRENGTHENS THE HEART
IMPROVES LUNG CAPACITY
INCREASES METABOLIC RATE
IMPROVES CHOLESTEROL LEVELS
LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE
FACILITATES DIGESTION
INCREASES FLEXIBILITY AND ENDURANCE
INCREASES BONE DENSITY
HELPS CONTROL BLOOD SUGAR
HELPS CONTROL WEIGHT
ENHANCES IMMUNITY

Mental & Emotional Benefits of Exercise
ENHANCES SELF ESTEEM
IMPROVES CONCENTRATION
REDUCES STRESS
PROMOTES POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE
PROMOTES EMOTIONIAL STABILITY
INCREASES MENTAL ENERGY
IMPROVES SLEEP PATTERNS
INCREASES SENSE OF WELL BEING
REDUCES NEGATIVE EMOTIONS
RELIEVES ANXIETY AND TENSION
RELIEVES DEPRESSION AND FATIGUE
IMPROVES QUALITY OF LIFE

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Good list Laurie.

I enjoyed a boxercise class the other day, wow what a workout. I often have preconceived ideas about what I like & don’t like & it can take me a while to try something new. But I try a new class anyway and find out I like it, even if it takes a few goes to get used to it.

So I will add ‘JUST DO IT’.

Boxercise sounds like fun. Tell me about it.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Lots of variety – punching the bag, pairing up and taking turns punching different ways into pads, lots of sprinting, push ups, dips, cycling, phew it’s hard work but fun. We rotate the exercises so you get exhausted on one thing then move onto the next. I go to a woman’s only gym, I don’t have to be worried about how wimpy my punches are!

Boxercise sounds like a lot of fun!! I went to a kick boxing class on Monday and boy did I get my buns whooped good!! It was a lot of punching and kicking and hopping. I am debating if I’m too old to go back… ;)

Nothing like giving something a good kick! You’ll have buns of steel in no time :0

Nevertried kick boxing. I wld love to if it gives me a shapely behind!I am exercising regularly and lets see how much I am losing- will get to know when I weigh myself on 15th. I am going to achieve my target.

“I am exercising and eating right for my perfect body weight of 135 lbs.”

If you ever need any motivation, check out this guy

Oh My God! What an inspiration!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
THIS IS AMAZING TRANSFORMATION!!!!
Thanks for sharing Lee.

Thanks Lee!

My hubby asked if I wanted to watch that show the other day, only giving me the title. I assumed it was some slapstick comedy, and said nah. I missed out, I wish I would’ve seen it. Thanks for sharing(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Whoa!! That was awesome!! Having a personal trainer is so key for major transformation. It is so nice to have that motivation right there for you.

In response to laurie- effectively & easily handles every challenge~‘s post:

I found these 14 tips to help you with exercise.

Here are 14 simple tips that you can use before, during and after your next workout to make sure you feel the way exercise is intended to make you feel: great!

1.Make sure your body has fuel. Eating a small snack about an hour before your workout may help give you energy.

2.Get enough sleep. If your body is truly tried, your workout will only exacerbate this feeling.

3.When you start a new exercise routine, or increase intensity/duration, do so gradually.

4.Take a few minutes to warm-up before your workout.

5.After you workout, stretch your muscles.

6.Don’t exhaust yourself. If you’re feeling completely out of breath or extremely fatigued, decrease the intensity of your workout.

7.Give yourself time to recover. Avoid training the same muscle groups two days in a row.

8.Drink plenty of water. Dehydration can lead to fatigue.

9.Eat something after your workout. Eating a mixture of protein and complex carbs within 90 minutes of working out will help repair your muscles and give you energy. Some great snack ideas include nuts and fruit, yogurt or cheese and whole-grain crackers or a tuna sandwich on whole-wheat bread.

If you’ve already worked out and now feel sore, here’s what you can do to soothe your achy muscles:

10.Massage the area.

11.Apply a cold pack to the area.

12.Use BlueStop MAX Arthritis Pain Gel, a natural, proven topical gel that will relieve your pain in minutes. Or Arnica gel.

13.Give it time. Muscle soreness should go away on its own in a few days.

14.Do some low-impact exercise. This increases blood flow to your muscles and can help to relieve soreness.

Hope you can use this.

Peace,
Mary

In response to godscreation’s post:
Thanks Mary! You’re so very thoughtful(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Want an inspirational story?

I love to work out but I’ve never looked like a bodybuilder — I just don’t have the genetics for a muscular build.

I’ve always swum a few times a month to keep from hurting myself with weights. And to burn calories. But I’ve been swimming every other day this summer because I haven’t seen my abs in 25 years. (I’m 49.) I just learned to swim butterfly this summer, to spice up my swims. Still no abs, though. (Getting there.)

We were at the beach last week and I was missing my swim workouts — I love butterfly because it really does feel like flying! So I decided I didn’t care if sharks bit me, I was going to swim 30 minutes down the shoreline, just beyond the surf. I had a great time! The buoyant salt water really launches you! Occasionally I would do butterfly for a bit and REALLY got up out of the water.

After my watch showed 30 minutes had passed, I headed in to shore. Ooops! I didn’t realize I had gotten so far out! I had been trying to not get swamped by the surf, and I guess subconsciously I went further from the beach than I intended. So another 10 minutes, I finally got to shore. Just relaxing. Showing off my butterfly as I got closer to shore.

A crowd of people — okay, actually about 5 — met me as I came in from the surf. They were so impressed. Called me the greatest swimmer ever. Couldn’t believe I was 49. Said I should be a triathlete. I kept thinking “Me?” But it was fun how they made a big deal out of me swimming in from the middle of the ocean.

So that’s the inspiration. You go to the gym and do whatever it is you like, and you just keep doing it. And sooner or later you’ll get good at it and have a fan club!

In response to AccidentalNote’s post:
YAY youuu

…what a wonderful world….

In response to AccidentalNote’s post:
That’s wonderful.
Include me in your fan club.
Swimming out there and just having a great time…..enjoy life!

i just started a new exercise program. p90x. i am hoping that it works. i find i feel stronger and more focused when i exercise. and i quite smoaking so i added that to my list. i wish all well and god speed.

In response to raven black wolf’s post:
Congratulations on QUITTING SMOKING!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAY YOU! Great one!!!

What is p90x?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’ve seen the infomercial for p90x, it looks like a good program – looks intense.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Can someone share some info about exercising with a step?

Since Ive started back exercising Ive been thinking about the benefits it will bring to my body not only on the outside but the inside too.

Up until now when Ive embarkd on an exercise/weightloss scheme it was purely to look slimmer. Now however as I get older (Im 36 on september 5th) Im begining to relise the inside is important too.

Ofcourse I still want to be slimmer and Id like to lose about 2stone and be 1 or 2 dress sizes smaller but I know that execise and healthy eating will give me a fit and healthy old age in the future.

enjoy life!

I’ve been working out for many years now, and i want to know how I can tone my body better without losing a large portion of weight, mostly my chest and midsection? I’m 6ft 198lbs I would like to be around 195 but in much better “shape”. My diet sucks and i’m trying to work on it, but I work out at the gym 2-3 times a week lifting weights and running. I dont run a whole bunch though, would that help my problem or will that just make me lose wieght?
Weight Training

I’ve been working out for many years now, and i want to know how I can tone my body better without losing a large portion of weight, mostly my chest and midsection? I’m 6ft 198lbs I would like to be around 195 but in much better “shape”. My diet sucks and i’m trying to work on it, but I work out at the gym 2-3 times a week lifting weights and running. I dont run a whole bunch though, would that help my problem or will that just make me lose wieght?
Barbara
[url=http://www.trainwithmeonline.com]Weight Training[/url]

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:

I use to be a professional dancer then when I had my baby yeeeeearrrss ago I stopped exercising then got back into it by running and weightlifting and I looked great.

When the brain surgery happened it stopped me in my tracks. After thinking about my personality it came to me that doing regular exercise just wasn’t doing it for me.

Sooo just recently there was an infomercial that looked like so much fun. A bunch of ladies got together and put on some lively music and just started dancing, dancing and dancing. That’s for me I thought! I love to dance and love to listen to music.

So I put on my favorite songs and started dancing! It’s fun and it helps prepare me for parties. Learning to do some new dance moves!

Don’t Cha

you go girl!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

This thread is for you

Mary,you sing and dance??

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:

Yes I do! I use to dance professionally for about 6 years. I started at 18 years and went on until 24. It is in my blood so is music.

Yahooooo!! I hit the gym with a vengeance. Its a great feeling. Bought myself a dress that can look good only after I have lost an inch or two at the butt!!! That’s my motivation.

What a talent. Wish you videotaped something(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Go for it!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

this is a great thread and im definatly copying out bits of it .Anyone use a mini trampoline ,i have one somewhere in the house and going to dig it out – wont cost anything ,good for sore joints ,and most important at the moment lifts your mood -you cant help smiling ,add this to a daily dog walk once ice has melted and the couch potatoe will become a spring onion .love flowergirl

,great news ,the ice has melted in the pouring rain so its wellies ,waterproof coat and me and dog are offout for a good walk ,love flowergirl

,hi ,im still here ,just spent nearly an hour on here calculating my b m i ,how many cals i will lose on a cetain walk etc and realised

1) i know im overweight
2) i know i need to move more to be healthier
3)i could have been out walking in this hour the words “just do it “ spring to mind ,i dontneed all this info do i ,if i eat healthy ,move more i will lose weight feel /look better ,bye for now ,love flowergirl

Fabulous affirmation you wrote in No. 3. because it’s like “eurika!” It’s common sense & to the point, believable and I believe you believe it.:) Jan

hi Jan ,thanks ,it was one of those light bulb moments ,its as simple or as complicated as i chose to make it ,went for a lovely walk with the dogs yesterday and today the suns shining so im givingkitchen a good clean then goingout after diner for a walk again .Making myself a chart and going to draw a smiley face for each thing achieved

go for a walk
bounce on trampoline
eat healthy food
meditate
write in journal
do something creative,

was going to buy stickers etc then thought ,save my pennies draw faces love flowergirl

In response to flowergirl’s post:
Terrific!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Better Memory with exercise

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

as i havent begun my little plan i decided its action time and started doodling a chart, i have the idea to draw in pencil a rainbow ,added be gtatefull to mylist so i have seven points ,one is each colour of the rainbow ,im dividing the rainbow into 7 sections and each day i color in the things i have achieved ,also putting pictures and quotes so it will be my excersise vision board and i get to make a new one each week .

“I have fun getting fit “
In the space of 5 mins i have gone from feeling hopeless to hopefull thanks to the inspiration from nature .

just realised the connection with the chakras ,i think im finally listening to my spirit and its showing ways to heal my inner child .

In response to flowergirl’s post:
Love your affirmation: “I have fun getting fit “

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

exercise motivation

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

exercise tips
what not to eat after and great tip for exercise

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

thread originally created in 2008

love to bring it current!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to flowergirl's post:

Thanks for bringing up this thread - perfect timing 

I had forgotten about the rainbow idea

I have replied to myself so I dont lose these !

In response to flowergirl's post:

thanks ,just what I needed today

5 reasons you are losing motivation to workout

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content